FISH oil chum line?

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by fishnfwl, Aug 19, 2007.

1. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    OK Felllas, looked around enough, haven't seen anything so, The wife had an old bottle of fish oil vitamins she asked if I wanted them for anything was throwing them out, I thought well yea this is what me and my daughter tried at the pond with them, they are about 1"11/2" long and big as a pencil, we put 2 on a hook just at the top of the capsule slid them up the hook and threw out 2 lines like this, after about 30 minutes my daughters pole slams down and she hooks a small channel (maybe 11/2#) I reel in and they have dissolved off we re-baited them and 1 more hit and miss, about 25 feet off the bank you could see the oil all over in the water from them, we are going to fish in current tomorrow and I am going to put a couple on first then the usual shad and see what happens,? the bottle says 100% pure whitefish oil? has anyone ever heard of such??? I WILL LET YA'll know if it helps any tomorrow........... (i really was joken with her at 1st till I thought about it) then figured why pitchem with out try'n them? :tounge_out::tounge_out:

2. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Get yourself a sponge and cut it into hook sized pieces. Or you can use a small piece of cloth ,like a 22 gun cleaning patch, tied above the hook.
    Now go to walmart and buy some cod liver oil.
    Also get a good bottle of liquid hand soap. The scented kind cause you'll smell from the fish oil.
    Just can't keep it off of you.
    If nothing else you'll catch drum.
    best of luck
    just

3. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I had two guys swear to me that when they were in Canada on a bear hunt, that they caught all the perch they could eat, with a bare hook with a squirt of WD-40 on it. After a little research I found out that it has fish oil in it( or it used to anyways) So maybe there is something to it.

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well I'll tell ya, one of my "fishing buds" is 73 years young and still whoop'n on them, and to this day you will always find 4 things in his "wooden" tackle box (I wish I owned it) every trip there will be 3 cans of old mil, and a small can of WD-40!, and he sprays a shot on everything from minnows crappie fishing to a nice ball of BJ, for a cat, I am 39 been fishing with him for 30+ years and can not remember him never having it with him!, even sprays it on his hands and rubs it in and swears it fixes his stiff fingers!? all I can say is he still eat'n and catch'n them fish so there must be something to it.

5. justwannano

State:
    SE Iowa
    My Father in Law heard about the WD 40 on arthritic fingers.
    He tried it.
    The rash finally cleared up.

6. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    I was usin WD-40 and my hand slipped off... Dang near put my eye out !!!
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: Sorry..... couldn't resist

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    You gotta be careful using that stuff, Jerry. It's not made for hi-speed, hi-temp use.

8. justwannano

State:
    SE Iowa
    You can do as the trappers do. Make your own fish oil.
    Its simple.
    Get you a bunch of carp , or any oily fish.
    Cut them into chunks and put them in a container. Usually a wide mouth gallon jar or a bucket with a lid. You'll need to keep the blow flies out of there but vent it.
    Set them in the sun until they rot.
    Skim the oil off the top. Its yellowish to amber colored.
    Please don't dispose of the rest of the contents of the bucket near my house:wink:

the best to ya
    just

9. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    well i wont try that need to c what im not catching did you have to use the big or small can :smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I used it for 10yrs and works for me to.