fish n camp @ Dunhams Bluff

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by SWAMPRAT, Jul 13, 2009.

1. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    the fish n camp is "scheduled" for this coming weekend. i will probably be down there all night friday night and maybe back again on saturday evening, if nuthin major happens before then.. so who all will come fish with us?????

2. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    im ready to try out my cat corks i made and my HEAVY DUTY 150 LB mono leaders i got from irby street sporting goods friday flourocarbon costs too much they wanted like $75 for 60 lb flouro and i got 150lb mono for $10 and some more 8/0 Gamakatsu circles.

80lb power pro + 150lb billfisher mono leaders and 8/0 gamakatsu hooks = alot less stumps in big pee dee

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Brian, James said that he is going to be out of town for a wedding or something. I was coming anyhow, as I want to fish that stretch of the river. However, there is a tourney up here on our end this weekend we may go to instead. BTW: I made some cat corks out of those foam noodles, and am anxious to try them too. Also, I understand your concern about the cost of the fluorocarbon, BUT, with the 150# mono leader, your expensive 80# Power Pro is going to break first when hung. Problem with that is that the line will break at it's weakest point, anywhere between the leader and the reel. You may end up losing a lot of Expensive PP having the leader at more test strength than the main line. Irby Street has 25 yard rolls of 60# fluorocarbon for $17 or so. It is so strong that sometimes my 100# PP breaks before my 60# fluorocarbon leader does.

BB in SC

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009