Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
283 Posts
I have never seen anything like that before. They didn't find any asian carp but they used fish poison to kill all the fish in the area just in case there was one.
I would love to know who came up with that retarded idea.

I am no expert but how about dragging big nets like commercial fisherman have been doing for ever. I little research should have been done before freaking out and killing everything.

All the things that they feared the asian carp would cause, they just caused themselves WTF????

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have never seen anything like that before. They didn't find any asian carp but they used fish poison to kill all the fish in the area just in case there was one.
I would love to know who came up with that retarded idea.

I am no expert but how about dragging big nets like commercial fisherman have been doing for ever. I little research should have been done before freaking out and killing everything.

All the things that they feared the asian carp would cause, they just caused themselves WTF????
I just can't believe that this process would even help... it's on a lock and dam that 1 silver carp slipped onto the other side....I would say use large nets like you stated... But hell the fish got away....

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
20 are so yrs ago they had a fish kill on the Saluda River. Now it was an accidental spill that took the ox out of the water and a friend of mine seen the results that still affect that river and the lake it runs into.
Thousands upon thousands of big striper were killed. Its still hard to go down there and catch a 20lb striper. I can't believe these people that are suppose to taking care of our waterways did something like that. Thats about like dropping a bomb on SC because 1 person is going around killing people. I'm sure glad i don't live or fish there. How stupid can people get

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.