FISH KILL - SE - PA

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT-(2), Oct 7, 2009.

1. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Doesn't that just stink? Pity the poor guy who got his boat confiscated for just trying to be a good samaritan. I ask with tongue in cheek, "What is this world coming to anyway?" :crazy:
    Thanks for the link John.

Ray

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009

2. Isn't that a bunch of B/S? Who confiscated it, the police, or the commision? Friggin j/o's.:angry::angry:

Somebody should pay for this, and you know who will? US AND THE FISH.:angry:

3. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    :sad2: I will tell ya what really sucks is that that was one of my bait spots for Bullheads. That place is only 5 min from work.

4. Ken, that is horrible bro, and if that was me trying to save those fish, and that bastard gave me a ticket, I would have slapped him in the face and went to jail. This whole thing is disgusting.:angry::embarassed:

5. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    what in the hell are you pa people doing to your fishery:crazy::eek:oooh: everyday theres another fish kill thread in the pa section :sad2::crazy:

That really sucks, and who confiscates a mans boat that dude must be the biggest d******d on the face of the earth :angry:

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Who cares about Bucks Co!:cool2:

All the real fisherman live in Philadelphia, DelCo, Montgomery, and Berks!:wink:

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

Stay in Jersey, and let us deal with our own state!:cool2:

8. Thanks Tan.:big_smile:

9. That guy should be fired. I understand there are rules and laws and crap, but understand the gravity of the situation, and maybe lend a hand or just let the guy help those fish.:embarassed:

Useless park ranger on a power trip. Stupid bastard.:angry: Gotta deal with the same a-holes up in Valley Forge park.

10. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Thanks Tan, I think. Guess Lancaster County doesn't count for real fishermen either. :wink: :smile2::smile2::smile2:

Ray

11. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj

exactly the ranger knew what was going on and it should have been pretty obvious that the dude was just trying to save some fish he could of just told him to stop you dont have to write the guy a ticket and confiscate his boat:angry:

12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Fish kills happen alot in PA because our government loves to build chemical and sewer plants right next to our rivers.:angry:

13. My question is, is this resivior owned by a private company or local gov't. If it is paid for by our taxes, there is NO F'N REASON that these fish had to be killed off. :angry:

And why doesn't the Fish Commision have a program that uses thier trucks and us volunteers to remove the fish as the water is drawn down and transplant them into a local fishery(like the Skuke:big_smile:). There has to be an option out there. Would'nt you guys volunteer for that?:confused2:

Let alone the damage done to the creek below it.:embarassed:

THE COMISSION & THE EPA BETTER DO SOMETHING WITH THIS!:angry::angry:

14. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    All very good points there John. Probably the path of least resistance for the government agencies is to just let the fish die. Sad, but probably true! :sad2:

Ray

15. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    that does suck big time, i'd be there to save those poor fish with a net and gettin some nice suckers and sunnies to relocate in my baittank:wink:

16. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I thought about it Lenny. My luck I would go there to lend a hand and some d*ick would write me a ticket for having to many fish in my possesion or some BS like that. There were some big bass in there to. I know a few years ago a guy caught a 7+ LM from there. The name of the place is Bradford Res. and it is off of County Line rd by 611.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  17. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

They drained my go to lake in Allegheny county this month too. They did a better job here though.They removed all size and possession limits on the lake a couple weeks prior to draining.They also got plans to net the remaining fish when it gets low enough and relocate them.Hate to see fish go to waste.There was even guys out there scooping up the snappers that got stranded(soup?).Seems like they screwed up big time on your lake.PFBC-Who.s surprised!:sad2:

18. You see? They did it right in your spot, because the PFBC was involved.:roll_eyes:

But when it's a township or county owned resivoir, which the jerks don't like to let ya fish anyway, which is rediculous, they just stupidly throw the switch and f-the fish and the residents.:angry:

I am really shocked that the EPA approved this without guidelines or mud/silt control and saying anything about the fish. But I guess the way they allow the mines out west pa ruin the creeks and rivers, it really shouldn't surprise me. This really has my blood noiling man, I can't get it out of my system.:angry::angry:

19. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    I saw that on the 69 News yesterday. It's like they just opened the valve and drained it with no regard to the fish in it or the creeks. The video they had was nothing more than a big mud hole with dead and dying fish in it. They had the guy on also that said his boat was confiscated. There are some really pissed off people around there right now, with good reason.
    Amazing! Yesterday it was a news story but now I couldn't even find a link to the story on the news website. How convenient for some people.