Fish kill on Lake Wylie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Mac-b, May 30, 2008.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    According to Channel 9 evening news today, there is a fish kill going on right now on Lake Wylie. Any of you Wylie guys know anything about it? I missed whether it was the NC or SC side.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Will, your link is for the French Broad River, different water basin. Mac

4. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    just caught that, sorry was trying to find the one you're talking about, I'm interested in reading why???

5. JRicker

JRicker New Member

State:
    Tenessee
  6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Mudkip and I put a hurting on some fish the past couple of days, but I would not call it a killing!! We only caught 70-80, not 2,000!!! I don't know how the local news found out about it!!!! :smile2:

Seriously, the kill was up the Catawba River near Mt. Holly. That checmical plant up there probably dumped a little too much "sumpin sumpin" in the water, it depleted some oxygen, and some fish died. They will get yelled at, take some officials out to play golf, and all will be better. :wink:

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Will it now? Shouldn't the squeaky wheel target the chemical plants that kill 1000s of fish.......nm, that's probably in the works too. People try to use sarcasm on here and get ridiculed or misunderstood for it. Might as well learn now that it doesn't work well. :roll_eyes: