Fish hooks and diabetic neuropathy

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfisherman369, Aug 31, 2009.

1. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Was having pain in my foot last night and thought it was just my diabetic neuropathy acting up . This morning I was checking to see what was the problem and found a fish hook in my foot ....lol .
    Being a diabetic sure sucks , almost have lost all feeling in my feet . I could not believe it , the wife almost flipped out . I had to run it on through and cut the barb off then back it out . I always wear shoes and house shoes so I have no clue where I picked it up at .

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Floyd glad your alright, My dad is the same way ..you got to watch those feet.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Floyd were sorry to hear of this. I would suggest you consider having a DR to look at the foot. With Diabetes everything heals slow and become easy to develop other problems.

4. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    man i feel for ya im a diabetic also ive been lucky so far i still have feeling in my feet yes i would have the doc check it out

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  5. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Sorry to hear that, have a doc check it out for infection, too bad ya ruined a good hook.

6. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    thats terrabale what causes that prolonged high blood sugar:confused2: i shure want to avoid that. i had some temp numbness in my arm that went away that my dr told me to take aspern daily for. i think it was just a strain though, the town dr here isnt verry smart:roll_eyes:

7. beespringer

beespringer New Member

State:
    sunfish, k
    Ive got diabetes also.I take 80 units of insulin a night.Diabetes is a rough thing to deal with and foot injuries can get serious quick.Take care bro and keep an eye on that foot.

8. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Glad everything worked out for the best.My wife has that too she dosent have much feeling in her feet.Branden it sounds like your doctor is treating a heart ailment.Check that out brother.
    smokey

9. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    I have diabetes along with cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, sleep apnea. had a heart attack....the list go on and on. Point is Take care of your self!!!

I watched a friend with diabetes not take care of him self. Got blisters that would not heal, started cutting toes off then half his foot, then up to his knee, then started on the other leg. He let this destroy his life because all that is left is a widow and a fatherless child.

I am in a year long program called the Dean Ornish Program,it's the only system proven to reverse cardiovascular disease and another benefit is in my case it might manage my diabetes to where I might not need meds anymore.

TAKE CARE BRO:big_smile:

10. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Glad you found it before it got infected.