FISH HEADS FISH HEADS ROLLIE POLLIE

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by catman-j, Feb 18, 2009.

1. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    FISH HEADS FIND EM IN A TRASH CAN WELL YOU KNOW THE REST. Anyway,
    I had an idea for cat bait. The fish cleaning stations near the trout lake at 2 RIVERS SP are loaded with trout heads on a sunny spring day. Anyone ever tried them for bait?

2. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Should be able to make some fish oil from them. Throw them in a jar and let them sit in the sun for a couple months. Then skim the oil off the top. Add a little to your stink bait or just soak cut bait in it. Look in the library for the exact method of doing it.

3. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Jeff they make great bait ...But does your state allow them as bait ?

4. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I asked one of our game wardens recently about using other fish for cat bait. She told me that if the fish I'm using for bait is indiginous to the lake I'm fishing I have to prove I got it somewhere else. I.E. using bluegill for bait in a lake where there is a size limit on them and my bluegill is smaller than the limit. The only place to fish for trout around here is a put & take trout lake that doesn't have a known catfish population. There is one flood control lake here that gets an annual fall stocking of trout for the ice fishing season and it also does have channel cats which I'm sure feast on those trout that are there. The trout in this lake have no size limit so there's no problem there.