Fish grips

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Mac-b, May 2, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    One of the BOC Sponsors has designed a new fish grip that floats and is easy to operate. It cost somewhere around $16.95, plus shipping I assume. You can read all about it at Team Catfish.

One of fishing bud's gave me a pair for Christmas and I have been using them for striper's and cats. Most of the time, I still use my net to land my fish, but once I get the fish in the boat, I use the grippers to handle the fish, such as taking it out of the net, holding it by the grippers to get the hook out and for my clients to hold the fish up for photo's. In my LKN fishing reports for 2009 you will note that all of my clients are using the fish gripper to hold the fish up for photo's in a manner that does not damage the fishes jaw. The price is right in comparison to what the metal ones cost, which will sink if you drop it overboard, and it is an improved method of handling your catch.

2. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    The link for Team Catfish Store is http://www.teamcatfish.com/. Look around the store you might see something else you want.

PS, I have no vested interest in Team Catfish, they just have good stuff and I thought you would like to know about them.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks for the heads up Mac. I've been using a set of knock off Boga grips. They work well but would sink like a rock. I'm gonna have to look into getting a pair.
    As if its gonna happen:)smile2:), how well do they hold up on large cats?:confused2:

4. Mac-b

State:
    North Caro
    John, go to Team Catfish threads (Sponsor Section) and view some of their fishing video's using the fish grips, they do the job according to what I have seen.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks Mac, I'll check that out this afternoon. Getting ready to head out and hit the Ohio River and see if I can't find some kitties!:wink::smile2:

6. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I got one, it's great. makes weighing fish alot easier because it has a hole in handle for scale.

7. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    I had a set of these and was not very impressed. They are made of good quality materials but in my opinion they are to be used on smaller fish.
    We caught a 43lb blue, landed him with the net and put him in the bottom of the boat. Then we used the fish gripper to weigh the fish. Once we had him weighed, we set him in the bottom of the boat getting ready to release him. The fish gripper was still attached when he began to flop around. He hit the side of the boat with the fish gripper and shattered the lower jaw piece. That was the first time I had used them and was really disappointed when they broke.
    I am not saying to not buy one but I am saying to be careful when using on big fish.
    Just my 2 cents.

8. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    If they are the Team Catfish yellow grips send them back to us for a brand new pair. We will replace them for free! We just got the new yellow ones in with a more flexable plastic........:wink: