Fish Grip? Anyone Use one?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by baptistpreach, Mar 2, 2009.

1. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    I like the idea. I think its great. I think the price.... is too high. I wonder just how much I'd really use it. I mean, I have a net, and... well, I just don't know. Anyone have one? Anyone want to share your thoughts on it. I'm close to buying one, but I really hate silly gimmicks, and I know this is a very glorified pair of vice grips.

2. 187um

187um New Member

State:
    west frankfort, ill
    i have the team catfish grip and i have only used it 3-5 times. my theory behind buying mine was "you never know what size you will get or situation that fish puts you in so best to be prepared far as liking it -- yea i like it light weight and easy to use it floats and cleans up pretty easy. i say buy even if its just to be prepared. hope this helps

3. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    we use the team catfish grips and we LOVE IT!!!!! it really helps. we use the net then when we get it in the boat we clip it on and then pull the hook out. easy to hook your scale to and weigh the fish and i tell ya what it really helps in the winter when u dnt want to get your hands wet so u just grip the fish and hold him up and you dnt get slimed and the hands dnt have to hold on to that old cold cat. lol they are worth the money.

4. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The ones I have came from Wild Wolf Products.They are well worth the money,

5. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    I've got a Boga...LOVE IT!

6. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    I tried one a couple years ago. About the 3 or 4th decent size blue I got pretty much trashed it the way they get to twisting. Albeit it was a cheap one, not a Boga grip. Never got one to replace it. Pretty much just use my hands now.

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    We sell the fish grips in 4 colors. Glow in the Dark, Blue, Green and Orange. They float and if you break one other than s hammer or something, the company will replace them.
    I have to get them back on the site again. As the site was down Friday. And I lost parts of the website. But hope to have them back on it this week.
    Also have a Safety float for the other fish grips that do not float. Heres a link to the Fish grips and other products everyone needs.
    http://catbobbers.com/tackle.htm Same site as wildwolfproducts.com. But still with all the stuff on it.
    Pete

8. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I love the Team Catfish fishgrips. They are just like the ones wild wolf sales. I have broken a few pairs on 40+pound fish,both the Team Catfish ones and the ones from wild wolf, and have had no problems getting them replaced. Now for the bigger fish I use the bogas, and for 40 and under use the TC fish grips. They make handling the big fish much easier, for me and my 11 year old.

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    We sell the fish grips in 4 colors. Glow in the Dark, Blue, Green and Orange. They float and if you break one other than s hammer or something, the company will replace them.
    I have to get them back on the site again. As the site was down Friday. And I lost parts of the website. But hope to have them back on it this week.
    Also have a Safety float for the other fish grips that do not float.
    Pete

10. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    naw i do it the old fashion way with a net or my hand.i guess im old school,thats just how i roll lol:wink:

11. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    i use a net sometimes but mostly just grab them with my hands. although i will use the net more often on 15# + channels, they will make you bleed when they bite down on your nuckles.

12. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    For keeper size and larger, I prefer to use a net. For the little fiddlers, I grab the hook with my pliers and swing the cat in a quick circle, which generally pops the fish off the hook and back into the water. Never have to touch the fish. But when the fish won't pop off the hook, I use a fish grabber; not the kind that grabs the lip, though. The grabber I use has a couple of claw-like arms that close when I squeeze the handle. That lets me hold the cat right behind the fins without touching it with my hands. It's not that I mind the slime particularly, but those small cats seem to be the ones that always fin me.

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I agree Jerry, them lil ones are the that gets me too:wink:

14. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I bought a pair of "the fish grips" from (Team catfish) last year and love them.

I hardly ever use a net anymore.They are great to land a catfish of any size and to hold for pictures.Once locked they dont let go.

15. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    Never tried one. If you dont want to get finned, slimy or dirty you may be in the wrong hobby.

16. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I dunno about that. I kind of feel that if you enjoy getting finned, you might be better off in a rubber room instead of out on the water. Personally, while I know I'm doing something where I'm going to get finned occasionally, I'm going to do everything reasonably possible to keep it from happening.

17. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    Maybe if you thought about that a little longer you wouldn't have said that. I've got no problem holding a catfish, I've got no problem with blood or slime.... doesn't mean I need to cut myself up when I go fishing though.
    If you feel that's a part of your catfishing, more power and blood and skin loss to you.

Besides, I think this tool is nice for taking someone like my wife who wouldn't want to hold a catfish without it.

Ironically, your post has made me decide I should get it! Thanks! I like this hobby:roll_eyes:

18. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    Glad I could help :)

19. raybait1

raybait1 New Member

State:
    SE Texas
    I see how the post sounds. It wasnt meant to call anyone a sissy for not liking to touch fish.

20. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    My