Fish Grabbers - landing fish from the bank

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by lelzo, Oct 23, 2009.

1. lelzo

lelzo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I Fish below the Keystone dam on the Arkansas River in Oklahoma and have lost big fish while trying to land them on the bank with the water flowing fast. I have tried landing fish with a net but the large rip rap gets in the way. Normally I pick up the fish with my hands, either lip them or by the gills. What is the best way to land a big fish in rip rap?

2. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Member

State:
    North Dakota
    If you don't like a net I would seriously look at the Fish Grabber from Team Catfish.

3. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    get in the water and rassle em!! :smile2:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jeff are you suggesting the bear hug maneuver?:smile2:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  5. lelzo

lelzo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

I tried that last sunday and lost a big catfish; I grabbed it by the tail and it slipped away. It surprised my daughters when I waded in.
    alot of the guys use pliers or fish grabbers below keystone, I have seen the fish grabbers Jeff sells they look good to me.

6. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i think its the heimlich maneuver:tounge_out:

7. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thats funny, that happened when I caught my PB Blue, my Little Country Bumpkin friend from South Carolina tried to land him in the net and the net was too small and snapped lol He just grabbed him and wrestled him like he was still on the High School Wrestling Team :roll_eyes::crazy::smile2::tounge_out::wink: