Fish fryer?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bhunt, Sep 13, 2006.

1. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    Whats a good fish fryer for cooking a buch of fish. I would like to have a fish fry but knot have to cook for hours. I have a fry daddy that works good for a small amount of fish frying but wouldnt keep up with a big fish fry. I thought about a turkey fryer but I dont know how that would work. Thanks for any help.

2. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    My brother-in-law just bought one for our fish fryer at Bass Pro. It cost 29.99. we had two fryers going for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. It work fine. It also has an adjustable securing bracket for the pan or pot you use. It can adjust for the larger pot for a turkey. It came with the fryer complete, a thermometer, the pot, and a basket.

Good Luck hope this helps.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    The fish and turkey friers you buy will work fine but if you are cooking for large groups like I do the pot in my avitar is what I use. I can cook 5 gallons of fillets plus fries and hushpuppies in an hour.

4. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois

I've got something that looks similar to that and that's just about all I use. If I am not cooking for a group (more than 5-6 people) I'll pan-fry the fish.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I'm the same way. If I'm just cooking a quart bag at home I'll use the dutch oven and a candy thermometer.

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Hey Johnny. Last time i ysed a cooker like that we were cooking water to do the laundry!! The good old days.