Fish fry time.

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by bhunt, Aug 15, 2006.

1. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    Here are some blues I caught today 6 total. Im going to fry them up tomorrow and just wondering whats some good recipes. I want to try something new instead of same old thing.

Attached Files:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    TSS Cajun Fish Fry, all I use any more brother. Just a little heat with great flavor. You can't go wrong.

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

If you use a wet batter try adding some OJ are lime juice in place of some milk water are beer. If you use a dry batter I like to add some dry chipolte ground up, not real hot but a nice smokey flavor.

NIce catch brother , congrats

4. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    congrates looks good .

5. mobowhtr

mobowhtr Member

State:
    MO
    Maybe I over simplify it, but I mix about 2/3 cornmeal with 1/3 flour, add salt, lots of pepper(to your own taste) and lemon pepper. Dip in milk and egg, then cornmeal mix, then hot grease, sprinkle with hot sauce at the table. Works for me.

6. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    2 recipes

First we get a spice at albertson's groceries that is called Slap Your Momma. Its kinda like a cajun flavor. We mix that in with our corn meal and fix as normal.

Second recipe, get some tabasco sauce or something similar(louisanna hot sauce, etc). Dip your fish in that, then your normal batter.

Both of these are really good if you like stuff spicey.

7. frymire

frymire New Member

State:
    texas
    marinate the fish in mustard doesn't take much 1 o2 tbls. salt pepper
    its

8. frymire

frymire New Member

State:
    texas
    marinate it in mustard 1 or 2 tbls. it is great, no, u can't taste the mustard, salt pepper of course, makes the corn meal stay on good
    just a lite coating is good

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Its hard to beat
    2 cups meal
    1 cup flour
    pepper to taste I add about 3 T spoons full
    Salt
    Garlic powder dash
    And 1 table spoon red pepper.
    Pete

10. lock52_fisherman

lock52_fisherman New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My personal favorite is soaking the fillets in louisana hot sauce then putting them in Zatarins fish fry then right in the fryer. It's not real hot but you can taste the louisana.

11. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    BHUNT!!! Don't Eat Them Fish Something looks a little strange with them Blues! So when you have them all nice and Fileted out Just ice them bad boys down and air express them to me and I'll personaly fry them up and eat um. Then I will let you know if there was anything wrong with them! you know we here in the Brotherhood care about your well being OK.LOL Your Friend and BOC Brother J.D.Straka :big_smile:

12. bhunt

bhunt New Member

State:
    *Required*
    Good try J.D. If you lived here in texas I would share with you All my brothers here are welcomed. Good fishing.

13. powercat

powercat New Member

State:
    Olathe,Ks/Fish Gravois Mi
    Mix flour and Parmesan cheese half and half and then season with Cajen salt seasoning to taste. Take damp fillets and bread in above mixture and let sit on wax paper for approx. 10 minutes then deep fry. Fantastic!!!!!:lol:

14. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Did you need a dinner guest? lmao. nice catch

15. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    louisana fish fry in blue bag cut with cornmeal to your liking good luck

16. Penn209

Penn209 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    You might consider gettting some instant potato flakes, then season to your liking, a can of warm beer, couple eggs and whisk together. Dip fillets into wet and then dry, game on..... The potato flake texture turns out similar to hash browns, golden crunchy and hard to pass up. Enjoy

17. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    thanks for sharing the pics looks like you had a great time

18. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    congrats on the blues.thx for pictures.

19. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    nice pics from way back then lol anything for post count

20. Stainless

Stainless Member

State:
    Ft Smith, AR
    I normally use corn meal with some salt and pepper. Before I throw the fish in the fryer I'll drain the juice out of a jar of jalapeno peppers and dump about half the jar (depends on how much fish I'm cooking) in the grease and let it cook a bit. It adds a nice flavor to the fish and plus you can eat the fried peppers with the fish as well. A dash of lemon on the cooked fish isn't a bad ideal either.