fish for a purpose

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by noah, Apr 12, 2009.

1. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    i was thinking that some time here soon when the weather heats up a little i was gonna try to get a fish off going and if i can afford it have some kind of prize for the winner but i was wanting to check with everyone and see what you guys think

THE PURPOSE:

Muscular Dystrophy (''Jerry's Kids'')

the reason i want to do a fish off is that my son was recentley diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) and i was gonna see about raffeling off poles , line, hooks weights or something dont know but all money 100% will go to MDA every bit helps to find the cure:sad2::cool2:
    thanks for reading please let me know if anyone has a better idea or know any thing that would help let me know
    thanks
    noah
    aimee
    and my boy
    Thomas
    god bless

2. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm sorry to hear about your son. I think a fish off would be a nice idea. Any idea's of when and where?

3. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    not of yet but i am here in so il so i am kinda thinking grassy crab or rend lake but not sure yet i will try to keep everyone updated this illness is still new to me and my family

4. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    My oldest son Jaracho has Angelman Syndrome. My sons condition is rare and it helped me to join an online support group. The website had a lot of good information and I was able to talk to other parents going through the same things my son and myself were going through.

5. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    i am sorry to hear that i dont know why this happens to innocent children but one day there WILL be a cure :smile2: for all children
    like i said it is all new so i dont realy dont know what to do but as soon as i figure out about the fishoff i will let everyone know

thanks

6. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    sorry to hear that about your kids. My boys don't have anything like that but my oldest was born with an extra thumb and my youngest was born with an extra toe. Anything like that keeps you thinking though. But I'll keep you'll in my prayers.

7. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    yeah its a bad deal but so far so good we go for the first surgery wednesday