fish for a purpose

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by noah, Apr 12, 2009.

1. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    i was thinking that some time here soon when the weather heats up a little i was gonna try to get a fish off going and if i can afford it have some kind of prize for the winner but i was wanting to check with everyone and see what you guys think

THE PURPOSE:

Muscular Dystrophy (''Jerry's Kids'')

the reason i want to do a fish off is that my son was recentley diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) and i was gonna see about raffeling off poles , line, hooks weights or something dont know but all money 100% will go to MDA every bit helps to find the cure:sad2::cool2:
    thanks for reading please let me know if anyone has a better idea or know any thing that would help let me know
    thanks
    noah
    aimee
    and my boy
    Thomas
    god bless

2. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
    let me know when and where

3. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    You might try checking with your local Wal-Mart for prize donations. Our Wal-Mart has been pretty good about donating items for charities.

4. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    I JUST THOUGHT OF THE IDEA SO I WILL KNOW MORE THE MORE IT WARMS UP THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT

5. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    sounds like a great idea, I d like to see things like this more often, let me know how things go I would be glad to participate in helping foundations like these

6. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    i will try my hardest to keep everyone updated
    i like helping and donating to kids funds but when it happens you your son its more personal
    thanks for your support
    god bless

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Just make sure you get your paper work in to the DNR, as they will need it at least 30 days prior to an event (I think it is still 30 days) any way, just so ya know that, hate to see someone get everything lined out and then have them get involved in a wrong way......

8. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    i am gonna see who many i was gonna get i still checking for sponcers and want not

9. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Noah first off im sorry and you got my prayers brother wher are you thinking about having the fish off yes i want in but location is a desiding factor

10. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    as of right now im more in planning but i am kind of thinking rend lake it seems like alot of people like it but also i am thinking crab orchard

11. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    The more central you go with a Lake the better chance you will have of more people showing up...... Your probably not going to get many from say north of I-70 to drive to Crab as would Rend..... Just my $0.02 on it.

12. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    I'm all for it when its all in order my vote is rend, from what i can see most of the guys on here have experience with rend as the local gathering is there. just my opion. you have my prayers brother, i hope it all works out i spend so much time fishing i may as well be serving a good cause while i'm doing it.

13. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    thanks you guys thats kinda of what i was thinking every one knows rend and it is more centeral than crab and i think more people like rend anyway so 9 out of 10 thats were it will be

i have talked to one group to day so i have there sponcership and donation set up it is from our friends at SI Audio in herrin illinois

thanks again for all your support

14. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    well if its at rend and on the week end nuten hapens you can count on me brother to be thear done talked it over with the misses and dawter my dawter will fish the fish off with me too

15. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    thats sounds great the more the merrier bring all the family:smile2:
    thanks

16. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Dont matter where it is going to be you can count me in . We do lots of poker runs for different charities and for friends etc. Fixing to do one for my son in law to help with the bills from him being in the hospital .

Make flyers and let anyone participate in it and you might be suprised at the people who would show up for it .

17. bigmuddy cruiser

bigmuddy cruiser New Member

State:
    il.
    I never fished any kind of fishing tournament but you can count me in . any thing else ican do 2 help? just pm

18. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would love to fish for a good cause. Let me know when and where and the gang and I will be there. This is the type of thing I would like to see more of as well. There are many reasons to fish but if I can help others while fishing then you just can't beat that. Definately contact some local business for donations and let us know how that goes. If they will not support you then I will not support them. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

19. noah

noah New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    i am trying my hardest to get everything set up i will keep everyone posted:cool2: