Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Fish Fisborne & EricM Cats

1K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  LiveWire 
#1 ·
Yep, THE Fish Fishburne came with the Morristown, Tennessee contingent of my friends to do the "EricM experience" on Chickamauga Lake here in southeastern Tennessee! The man ain't right!!!!! He's just what you see on TV - happy, goofy, and a riot to be with. Fished with a jigging spoon the whole time, caught a few smallish cats, and was in love with life every moment. What exactly two fish biologists (Jim and Rob), a fishing celebrity (Fish Fishburne), an experienced catman (EricM), and a dedicated trout fly fisherman (Roy) thought they were doing on the water 12 hours after a strong cold front passed through and with the weakest water flow in weeks - I'll never know, but despite the very slow catching, we had a BALL!!!!!!!! And as we all know, it only takes ONE fish to make the day, and Roy, after trying repeatedly, finally caught his first Tennessee Angler Recognition Program (34" or larger) blue cat - a 50 pound beauty, 47" long!! We only boated a total of 10 cats today, but the one good one and the fellowship made it well worth the trip!

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
Eric, WTG putting your friend on his PB Bluecat. I would have liked to have been along side yall with "Fish" in the boat. I always get a kick out of seeing him on fishing shows from way back when I was younger. He's quite an entertaining fellow! Also, enjoyed the article you were in TN Wildlife by Richard Simms. I'll be visiting lovely Chattanooga with my family this Sun.-Tues. for Spring break. We'll be staying in the downtown area. Going to the TN aquarium, see Rock City, and checkout Lookout mountain while we're there. Any good eating suggestions near downtown, steak, seafood, ribs, that type stuff?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.