fish finders

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by seahaggy, Jan 5, 2008.

1. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Been doing some research on here at the fish finder review sight.Great information!!! It is truely amazing.I was checking out the infomation on the Hummingbird 797c and the 987c and was wondering if anyone has tried these on the Ohio River? I have got to get one of these the detail of the river bottom, the structure,fish and even a 55 gallon drum on the bottom lets you know this baby has got what it takes to look at, read and scout the place you fish like never before.If you have not been to this review you need to check it out it really is cool.{Fish you have no place to hide.}:dribble:

2. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    How did you like it? From what i saw it looked very very cool.I'll be dreaming of this baby what a way to see detail.

3. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Marshall, I have the 997 and works great on the Ohio. You want be disappointed.

4. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Well want to go in halfers lol.Yes they are pretty expensive wonder how they hold up? You always want to get you monies worth.Don't need no problems 6 months later.Sure would like to find out as much as i can before i pawn off something of my girlfriends.{ lol } Boy would'nt that start off the new year on the wrong foot and i don't think i want to spend the next 6 months sleeping out in the boat.All in all i got the money but i just want to make sure this unit is reliable, dependable and a good fish finder investment since i won't be buying one for several years after i buy the next one.Any and all input from members is needed and wanted. Thanks,Thanks,Thanks.Your fishin brother Marshall.

5. mlohre

mlohre New Member

State:
    Walton, Kentucky
    I have this fish finder and it is as advertise. i love it fishing the ohio river around cincinnati. in 3d mode, i see the fish, the structure, i can cover a lot of area crusing around five miles an hour, its great. had no problems now i have to hook up my weather sencer. the maps you get with it is worth that to. alot of information. one problem it does not cover the kentucky river but have not look to see if it is avalable as an extra.:0a23:

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Gotta work on getting me a good boat first, then it would definatley be nice to have something like that...:crazy::roll_eyes:

7. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    If i could afford one i would have it. I seen some of the one at bass pro shops and they got to be awesome to fish with.