Fish Finders?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cat catcher10, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Cat catcher10

Cat catcher10 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i was lookin to buy me a fish finder... The problem is that i dont know what brand to buy....i dont want to spend a ton of money but i want one that is reliable?

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

There are a ton on the market. What features are you looking for on your fish finder? What price range? With just a little more info, I am sure the BOC could help you out.

3. Cat catcher10

Cat catcher10 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    well......i'll be fishing lakes..if that helps........so is there any special features i should look for if i am just fishing lakes?

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

here's a few to consider I tried to get a couple together for you in different price ranges. There are more to consider both higher and lower cost.

Hummingbird: matrix17 $180
    343c $280

Garmin: 140 $115

Eagle: Fishmark 320 $170
    Fishmark 320c $200

As you can see the prices vary. I would get online and see whats available in your price range and then make a desicion on what you find and what you think you would need. I had the 343c and liked it but you may not like it.

5. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I have two of the Eagle 320's and it is a little under powered but they seem like a decent unit. I think I'll buy a Lowrance next time around and want at least 3,000 watts peak to peak power. I like the Lowrance X135 is the one I'm kind of leaning towards with 4,000 watts peak to peak power. Go for the best one you can afford or you'll be wishing you had, I know I do.

6. Cat catcher10

Cat catcher10 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    thanks for the help.........but what do you mean by the watts? does that mean how deep it will go?

7. Cat catcher10

Cat catcher10 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i was just on cabelas.com and the hummingbird looked good!

Thanks for your help guys.

8. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    If moneys tight find what you like and try e bay. LOOK WHAT SHIPPING IS BEFORE BUYING!
    Bill

9. rocket256

rocket256 Well-Known Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    Try checking out Lowrance finders. Maybe something in the double digit X model.

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Go to www.lowrance.com. they have the most information you can find on their website about all their products,plus excellent explanations about how sonar works etc.They also have a wonderful dictionary of terms that will explain things like Watts ,RMS etc.PLUS they actually have emulators of all their finders you can download to your computer and practice with to your hearts content.:smile2:

11. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC