fish finder

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by monstercatmatt, Feb 27, 2008.

1. monstercatmatt

monstercatmatt New Member

State:
    n.c.
    Im needin a new ff and Im lookin at a garmin 160c is this a good one.

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

If your only wanting it to show the bottom, its fine..But if your actually using it to find fish, I wouldnt get it..I have the Garmin 160, and only had it for a year and just replaced it..Garmin is great for GPS only, but they are way behind on fish finder technologies...You want something with the most wattage and the most pixels you can get for the price you want to pay..Of course the more wattage and pixels you get the more you will pay..You may get the Garmin and love it, but i didnt like it very much and probably would not want another one on my boat unless they come along way. Thats just my 2 cents. If your wanting to save money I would buy an eagle fish finder..Your getting a better buy for your dollar I would say.

3. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    I like the higher end Garmins but in thew under $200 class you can do much better with Eagle,Lowrance or Humminbirds. Pixle count and screen size along with water temp are what you want to get the best of...color isnt of much use on the cheaper units so go for features in a grayscale instead. I find good deals here http://www.tigergps.com/lowrancex96.html at Tiger GPS they sell refurbished units with all the new model warranty. I like the Lowrance X96 for the price...

4. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Matt,
    I dont know what your wanting to spend but I just bought the Lowrance x135. It shows great bottom detail and locates fish rather easily. They are about $399.00 at bass pro. rspd507