Fish Finder

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by AwShucks, Jul 23, 2006.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Slightly over 4 days ago I posted this in the fish finder question forum, and, somewhat like fishing, it hasn't even gotten a nibble. I believe it needs to get more exposure as I am sure one, two, or several hundered of the brethern have this model or know its model number. My problem is the transducer mount. The one I have is a 3 piece hinged unit...no way it will stay in the water, with just the trolling motor running. I need to get a regular transducer mount. Can anyone identify this unit?

It won't allow me to post the picutre twice. Blankety blank progress... the jpg is in the section on fish finders if anyone can help.

2. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    just copy and post the link to your other thread with the picture in it. You will probably get more hits that way. Do you think you could post a picture of the actual transducer and any mounting brackets that may be included? Wish i could help, good luck.

3. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Wish I knew and could help ya Lawrence

Here is his original question:

HIS ATTACHMENT

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Maybe O rings placed onthe bolt inside the bracket will help.

5. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Lawrence, is the top of the mount nutted. If so, maybe some heavy tightening with a locking nut will do the trick to keep it snug. Also doesn't it have kind of a "splined" swivel at the lower part of the bracket with a nut. If so maybe you could just super glue the upper part and let the lower part do the breakaway. Also maybe raising it up just a touch will help, as long as it doesn't effect the performance of the unit. Vern

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Some days I am so ate up with stupidity, its a wonder I remember how to breathe. Seems as though the question was on the transducer, and I post a picture of the fish finder. Below is the transducer mount. Notice the two slots where it fastens to the boat, then a hinge, then the bolt which holds the transducer to the mount. This device can swivel in two places. The bottom point, to my understanding, is supposed to be somewhat loose so the transducer will kick up when you hit something, My point of issue is with the top swiverl point. Is there something missing? Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    AW, I don't think there's anything missing. Those brackets usually have a detent or something to help hold them in place, but allow the whole thing to kick up if you strike an obstacle. If yours won't hold, then you need a new bracket. I don't know of any reliable way to tighten them up so that they will still kick up, too. Note: the detent I'm speaking of is about where the bolt is at the lower hinge, but it's on the plastic parts. You should be able to put some silicone or something along the mating parts, let it set up and see how it works. You can adjust tension on the bolt to allow the transducer to kick up under resistance. I notice that your transducer is pretty deep in the water, which will create quite a bit of extra drag.
    If I were you, I'd try the silicone deal.

8. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Hey Lawrence, I just replaced the fishfinder on my dad's boat & I ended up with an extra transducer mount. It's not like yours, but I do believe it would work. It's very simple, just a single piece of metal that screws to your boat. If you want it, you can have it. PM me your address and I'll send it to you, I'm just in Altus. Or, if you're coming my way we can meet up. Regardless, if it'll work for you then it's yours.

Jerrod

9. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Lawrence, like I said in the earlier post and as your picture shows. Your transducer is really low in the water. You might try raising it up a touch. Also I would set the bolt at the lower swivel point at a decent snugness to keep it down, but still protect the unit. If the problem still occcurs and the problem lies in the "locker" that holds the upper section in place, I would tack it with just a small dab of super glue or other adhesive. Short of any of those problems, you might look for a new bracket. Vern