fish finder

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by leftemptyhanded, Feb 3, 2009.

1. leftemptyhanded

leftemptyhanded New Member

State:
    St.Joseph,Missouri
    im looking to buy a fish finder. whats a good finder for the money?

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Eric, Well are you looking for one for a boat?? Or one that you can cast out for fishing from the bank?

Also are you looking for one just to see what the bottom/structure of a lake/river looks like or one to actually locate fish.

These answers might help us help you thanks:smile2:

3. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Eric, Welcome to the BOC!!! I paid $50 for my FF and its as basic as they get. It shows me depth, water temp, and fish. You can get them even cheaper than that but I hear they are junk. They just go up from their. It really depends on what your wanting them for like shelby said. I just wanted mine for reading depth.

4. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    they are excactly right you can spen from 50to 3or 4000 . youll have to research your needs and wants, they have a wide variety,I started researching and that changed what I was originally looking for. I found out the humminbird or lorwance was pretty good for my taste but every on is different,if you just want a basic used ones are pretty accessable till you find what you want

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Can't beat the 1197C from Humminbird. The side imaging will open up a whole new world of understanding about whats in your waters and how fish relate to it.

BUT.......... get ready to fork over some serious CASH! I love mine and have never regretted buying it!