fish finder transducer

Discussion in 'Boating' started by catoon, Oct 18, 2008.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i have a aluminum fishing boat should i mount my transducer on the floor inside or on the out side

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Richard,

I not sure it will work on the inside of a Al. boat, I have always seen them mounted on the outside. Other then that I could not tell you any more why they do the outside thing.

Good luck

3. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    You can mount them inside on fiberglass, but on aluminum it has to go outside.

4. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    mine is on the outside of my alum jon.. i did mount one of the mounting boards on the boat so that i could move it if needed. Extremely cheap solution in my book.

5. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    I bought one of these brackets at Cabela's for transducer mounting. It clamps over the transom or anywhere you like and is adjustable for length. An easy way to move and no holes in the boat for mounting.

[​IMG]

6. illinois_angler

illinois_angler Member

State:
    IL
    If you can seal something big enough to hold the transducer on the floor, fill it up with water and put the transducer in it. You will have basic depth feature only, but you will not have to worry about knocking it off like you do when mounted on the outside.