Fish finder thoughts?

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by mcal762, Feb 7, 2007.

1. mcal762

mcal762 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hello,
    looking at getting a new fish finder. Been looking at the Humminbird 787c2i or the Garmin 398C. My question is which is the better unit and the which has the better more detailed chart systems preinstalled? How good are the charts in these systems i.e. depths and wrecks? I'll be using it in the James River and the Bay alittle. Thanks.
    Mcal

2. ohiocatman62

ohiocatman62 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hi, mike Im getting a new fish finder to, if I might say take a look at the Lowrance x135 it has 4000 watts peak to peak power I had a x 85 I sold with a boat I loved it, It brout up alot of detaile and the watts were not as hi as the x135.

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Look in the library under fish finders,you will find more discussion that you want.:wink:

4. Defiant

Defiant New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I would get the Humminbird the new unit's with the side imageing and the gps mapping are some of the best unit's I have seen in a long time. They have came a long way in the last few Years and they also own Navionics. There are some great picture's taken off them that I saw I just can't find the page right now.

5. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I hope they have came a long way. I have owned several Humminbird units over the years and they were all hard to see during the day light and the ratchet mounting system sucked.

6. Defiant

Defiant New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Seems like they have I have a couple of the Units and they have been Flawless Thinking of getting a 900 serie's just havent made up my mind on which one yet. Since they became part of the Johnson Outdoors they have made huge Improvement's The 997c is Just flat Awsome.

7. Defiant

Defiant New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Here is another thread in case you havent saw it look at some of the pic's.

8. Defiant

Defiant New Member

State:
    West Virginia