Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Fish Finder help!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mikey823 
#1 ·
My cousin just moved in with his nice 17' Tournament Cat fishing boat. We hit the lake last Sunday just to mess around. The boat is great, but his fish finder isn't. It has a real small screen and you can't tell much about the bottom or if you are looking at big fish or bait. I'd like to get him a good depth/fish finder but I don't know much about them. What would you guys recommend? What kind do you have and how do you like it?

#2 ·
my experience with fishfinder have been that regardless of how high tech the finder is... if its black and white your going to go thru fits using it.

so my #1 recommendation is pick up a color unit. entry level color units like eagle fisheasy 320c, garmin fishfinder 160c, or humminbird 141c will all run you about 200$ at the big name stores (bass pro, cabela's)

my main priority for a fishfinder is that it be able to identify structure and depth. both b&w and color units can do this well.. the difference is simple with a b&w unit I just cant read it in daytime... with a color unit you can read it easy day or night..

#3 ·
I bought an Eagle Fishmark 480 in May of 2006 and I really liked it. The unit showed everything I wanted to see but now it is out of warranty and the unit quit on me, it won`t turn on. There is power at the plug so it is not a fuse or bad connection. I am really dissapointed now. I just sent it in to be repaired and it will cost me over $100.00 to be fixed. Eagle has put a bad taste in my mouth. They ought to last more than a little over a year.

:sad2::sad2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.