Fish finder blacks out?

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by beakus, Aug 22, 2007.

1. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    i'm, having trouble with my fish finder blacking out if i'm moving much over idle, i was wondering if it is where my transducer is located(apx.18'' to the right of the motor).i was talking to a friend whose dad has a sail boat and his was doing it under power but not under sail,so i was wondering if it is getting back feed from the charging system from the motor and wigging out,any ideas?

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I had the same problem a while back with an Eagle 320. Bein the psycho that I am I re-wired the entire power and ground system. What really seemed to correct the problem was cleanin the transducer real good. Hope this helps ya.

3. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    if it works when setting still then blanks when moving it is probably located wrong, lower it into the water a little more and make sure it has water all aroud it when moving. That sucker won't work if there is air under it...

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Rev your engine through the power band, if the interference comes and goes with the rpms then your problem is most likely interference from your engine.I have seen the transducer cable bundled right in with the engine power cables on some rigs.If you have clear signal when you are idling along and at low speed but lose it at high speed then you need to look at the transducer location, depth and clean water flow.If it is to close to a strake on the bottom and the water flow coming over it at high speed has bubbles or air in it then you will lose signal."That sucker wont work if there is air under it" is absolutely true.Kind of like Big George in the bathtub after consuming all that bubble producing roughage he spoke of in a previous post.:big_smile::smile2::wink::crazy::roll_eyes:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thats why the transducer on my rubber duck ain't workin. THANX! LOL!