Fish eggs for bait!

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by BIGCAT DADDY 71, Jun 6, 2007.

1. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I and fellow boc member 223smitty went up to the lakes for some crappie and cat fishing. We got into nice crappie and cleaned them before dark, I took the eggs out of alot of them and used them as bait later that night. Man I hooked 5 nice channel's, and we didnt have much luck on are other baits.

I used tread to keep the egg's on.

Anybody ever use fish egg's? I know I'am keeping the egg's out of any fish I clean from now on.

Scott.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Scott thanks for sharing the info on useing fisheggs as bait. Never tried it. Most interesting.:lol::big_smile:

3. pphillips

pphillips New Member

State:
    OK
    my uncle crappie fishes ALL the time & always saves the egg sac. he freezes them & uses them for when he does occasionally catfish. he, too, ties them on w/thread--actually, he just winds the thread around the sac & hook several times. he even cuts the sac in half to get more bait (he doesnt cut it until he's ready to use it coz the eggs spill out). we caught em like crazy, big, small, turtles, drum, carp, bass, everything.

4. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

gar eggs make wicked river channel cat bait

5. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i caught a 5 lbs cvhannel last week on some gill eggs that i put on. i rigged one rod with cutbait and the other with the eggs and the eggs got bit withing 5 minutes. i know i am using them from now on as well.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I've never used them but have always heard of people having good luck with them. I've also heard of people using panty hose to keep them in and on the hook. I'll have to try it this year!