Fish Decoys....

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by GoFish_Tony, Feb 14, 2007.

1. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Now what a minute... your already snickering and you havn't even heard my questions yet! LOL

Turkey hunters, goose hunters, deer, duck, "and who knows what else" hunters have all used decoys to help move in, or hold their prey long enough to get a bead on em' Why not fish? Yes, I know they are fish, but still... why not fish?

Why couldn't a man-made school of catfish decoys (lures) be used with an appropriate scent? Or maybe instead of Catfish decoys they should be Bait decoys. Either way, one could place their own bait (with hook) in the middle of all that. Could this increase our chances on catching certain species of catfish? Which ones?

If it "could" work. How would you go about doing this?

Just trying to think outside of the box here. (Or is this the effects of Cabin Fever!!)

Tony
    _

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    have to be cabin fever.
    maybe it could work, but i dont know how. u would have to have real fish so that the smell and vibrations would be right

3. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    Tony, maybe you shouldn't listen quite so closely to those voices in your tackle box. Have you been sampling the bait again? Actually, decoys are commonly used by those who spearfish for sturgeon through the ice. We know blue cats school quite a bit, maybe it could work! You're definitely thinking outside of the box, bag, carton, container, and maybe even the whole packaging facility. Let's see what kind of response you get! I bet it'll be interesting and fun!

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Here ya go, Tony...
    http://www.fishdecoys.net/

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I don’t approve of political jokes… I’ve seen too many of them get elected.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I believe it may be called "CHUMIN" Tony. LOL! Ya are a bit behind the curve with this idea. LOL! Take your meds! LOL!

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Now,Now, Now,Big George.Tony Is OK He's just Been Hitting The SAUCE(CROWN ROYAL I Think, Sorry I Can't quite Read the lable, EYES Sorta Out of Focus) Must be the Glasses,Don't Ya Think?YA.Rght.LOL. J.D.
    :beat_brick:

7. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    Tony, I have to agree that is called "Chumin", and in the Members Library under Chumming-So you want to try chumming for Catfish is a good atricle and also Chum Tubes- Catfish Chum Tube give you the plans to build a tube that you can lower to the bottom of the Lake or River to attract them to the spot that you want them to come. Well have fun fishing.

8. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    heres an idea take a big wire cage fill it with bait fish live drop it in the water and fish around it with live bait , let us know how it works ok tony

9. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Thanks, but Chumming only covers the scent equation. My post was mostly trying to figure out if increasing the visual aspect would help.

Can't learn if I don't ask.

Heck these voices just won't give up. LOL

_

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You need to take a nap, Tony, LOL!!!
    The voices will stop, if you quit accomodating them, LMAO!!!

11. Kittycatcher

Kittycatcher New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    Tony, I thought that mite help, but it is a good quesion maybe someone can come up with an answer.

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tony I agree that cabin fever is affecting most of us but at least you are still thinking. Don't give up just because the rest of us has give in and went to sleep or took some pills. When you get it figured out then please share.Good Luck.:cross: :cross: :cross: :still_dreaming:

13. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think we might be onto something here. Originally I thought, "Fish decoys? Sounds like lures to me."
    Then I thought "If you do use a decoy, what's going to keep the fish from hitting the decoy and not your bait?"
    This idea takes care of that.

Hmm... I think I hear those voices in his tackle box agreeing to this one.

Yup. The voices said "Hey, it might work"

Hey Tony, tell those voices to quiet down a bit. They are talking too loud if I can hear them from here.

14. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    You know... they thought Einstien and Edison were crazy too!
    Can you imagine if the three of us ever got the chance to go fishing together?

LOL

_

15. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    I've been thinking this over a lot today. And I believe I have come up with even a better idea.
    :roll_eyes:

Big George can I send a photographer out your way for a few pics?
    I am looking to make a few decoys that will scare off turtles and Gars.
    :tounge_out:

LOL!!

Tony
    _

16. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    LOL, that's to funny! I've been hearing voices in my tackle box too. It's saying open me!!! Heck I haven't been fishing since bow season opened back in Oct.

17. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Oh well thats not a bad idea, but thats outside the box thinking. :lol:

18. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Harrison TN
    Name:
    Eric Maurer
    Tony, while you're thinking of decoys, how about one to pull all of the other fishermen away from our favorite spots? Maybe wooden beenie weenies or plastic vienna sausages? Floating cutouts of a guy with a fish on? Oops, I think I can hear your tackle box in the background.

19. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    See that there!?
    THAT my friends is some dang good "out of the box" thinking!!

Well done Eric!
    _

20. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    What kinda pics ya want Tony? I'm thinkin "NEKED" oughta do it. LOL!