Fish Consumption Reports

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by JMarrs328, May 23, 2007.

1. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    There was another post in a different state about consumption restrictions. Does anyone know if there are consumption restrictions on the susquehanna river or any other bodies of water in PA where people commonly catch catfish? Just want to stay ahead of the game with something that could affect my long term health. Thanks.

2. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    In the fish commision book I think it says if you eat one a month you should be alright. Just depends on the bodie of water I guess. I have pulled some pretty strange looking fish out before dont know if I would travel that road.

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Go to the fish market! Seriously, out east, the only time I ever ate a fish outta here is when we ran out of food and got hungry during a flathead trip to our secluded spot. We cooked some sm bass over a fire. It tasted alright. Just like Mark said, one a month and you should be OK.

4. tbartek

tbartek New Member Supporting Member

State:
    New Germany, PA
  5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    That's one of the reasons I still go to a "profane" in my area. I like to eat em, and the farm raised are good ta eat. Catfish fellets at my local grocery go for about $7 a pound....good food an fun.
    :smile2:

6. Bucktail033

Bucktail033 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    when you buy your liscense there is a chart in the back of the summary book for each watershed and each fish. i usually read it every year because it changes.

7. JMarrs328

JMarrs328 New Member

State:
    York/Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks for the help guys.