Fish consumption advisories

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by JAinSC, May 20, 2008.

1. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    The subject of mercury and fish consumption advisories came up in a post in the rivers section, and I thought I'd bring it up here, too.

SC DHEC's fish consuption advisories for last year can be found in the form of a clickable map. Here it is:

http://www.scdhec.gov/environment/water/fish/map.htm

As a matter of fact, the location of this info is important enough that maybe this should be a "sticky" post in the SC section?

2. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I'm really amazed to see how many fish are took home to be ate. I fish 12-mile a lot and that's about the worst place there is to eat fish out of, yet people bring home stringers of fish anyway.

I for one think it should be a law to post fish advisories at every bridge where fishermen are likely to be...... In fact the advisory should be welded to a trash can so we can keep things cleaner while we are at it.

-Jim-

3. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    Ah heck just go ahead and eat em just make the bathroom glow in the evenings and mornings:smile2: Seriously though it is a shame that most of our bodies of water are not safe to eat fish from(by gov't standards) The lakes here in GA are just as bad Its just a shame that these thing were not thought through before the chance of something like this happening years ago