Fish Caught/ Ohio River

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by DeerHunter01, Jun 16, 2006.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    This morning I was downtown and ran into two guys at a gas station that told me today is the best day they had on the Ohio River in weeks. The got a start at 5AM this morning and they caught 14 fish today had two they said that was under 10 Pounds, and the biggest one that they got was 47 Pounds and they said the fish they caught today had spawned already, do to the marks on there bodies. The said at one time this morning it was wild the way they were hitting, they was having trouble keeping up with there rods, they also lost alot of fish. Maybe we are coming out of the ditch with this spawn.

2. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Good for them, Its about time . I hope.

3. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I hope so too I was going to wait for about two weeks before going out again then the other night we got 4 fish and lost 7 and they were hitting hard and quick for like a hour then shut down.. I might have to get out this evening and give it a try. Anyone got any TNT ? :lol:

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    DH, don't start doing that "JW kind of fishing".....:lol:

5. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Last weekend and this weekend the bite has picked up across the river from you too. Still havent landed anything.

6. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    I caught 5 channels last night, only one had eggs in it.

7. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Man im glad to hear that, what part of the river do you fish deerhunter

8. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Any of it but I fish alot down here by Henderson. Ky.

9. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    What dams is that close too, i really only fish the markland pool from cincy, down through tanners creek in Indy...There is a lot of river i havent seen, or fished..Just Curious

10. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Newburgh Dam, & J.T. Meyers Dam, the pool I live on is the J.T. Meyers section of the river. I also fish the Green river here from seebree to Ohio River.

11. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Oh okay, never fished that pool, i definantly want to get more familar with different pools and sections of that River...It is probably good fishing all over that River

12. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    But i would assume that the closer you get to the Mississippi, the better the fishing gets

13. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I used to live up by the New Cumberland lock and dam and we had great fishing up there for flatheads and channels. We moved here last year and it is much better fishing when you can fish year around.

14. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I know i go up by tanners creek in Indiana in the Winter and have pretty good luck with the Blues..You ever fish that section...How much did the fish in your avatar wiegh