fish burn out

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by bluesbrother, Sep 13, 2006.

1. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    any body ever give up from time to time?thanks

2. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    At times i feel like it but I keep plugging away. I always think if i dont fish thats when the big one will bite.

3. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    nope go every chance i get . i just enjoy being out there catching fish is just a bonus

4. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Give up?

No way my friend. I don't get to go as often as I would like to, but I sure ain't gonna give up. Even if the fish ain't bitting I still have a good time. I really enjoy just getting out on the water....

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I can't say I have ever given up but like others I have had to place it on the back burner until I have more time to fish.

6. MNwiskers21

MNwiskers21 New Member

State:
    South Saint Paul, MN
    Hello Everyone,

I love fishing to much to give up and I fish almost everyday. I have yet to go catfishing and not catch at least a couple small ones. To me being next to or on the water is to peaceful to walk away from just because you haven't caught anything.

Take Care Everyone!

Sincerly, Kevin

7. liverboy

liverboy New Member

State:
    Tonopah, Arizona
    No way everytime i go i usually go on a weekend unless there are times i can go in the weekdays, and get there about an hour before the sun goes down take my chairs and everything i need and of course my good fishing buddy (my Uncle Teddy) and stay till like 10 or 11 the next day even if we are not catching a darn thing!...and it dont matter if the wind is kinda blowing or it rains a little we'll go sit in the truck and wait till it all stops!....CAUSE WE WANT TO GO FISHING! :big_smile:

8. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Whether I catch anything or not is no big deal to me. The water is so relaxing to me and when I am stressed and believe it when I say I have alot of those days,I can just let go and it just feels good to me to be next to that River!---------------pk powell:smile2:

9. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nope! Never give up! I may give up on a particular species for a while, but I always love to go fishin' whether I catch any or not. I did give up on bass fishing a few years ago. Now I'm strictly a catfish and crappie man. A steaming pile of crappie and morrells is sure hard to beat in the spring.

10. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    As long as I can get to the water, I'll never give up. I need the excitement of the catch or the tranquility of the experience.

11. hunter 327

hunter 327 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Nope! Never give up ,it is great to sit by the water and relax. Even if I don't catch a fish.:cool2:

12. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    i know but somtimes it can get to be to mutch stress.see when you spend a fortune on gas and tackle then come home with no food for the table it gets quiot desterbing.if you dont agree with me its probably cause you have more money than me.thanks

13. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Well I fish for fun, not for meat, so I guess I can't imagine how you feel. But I would never give up, if I don't catch fish, I just say "I'll get them next time" and look foward to my next trip. I wish I could go fishing every day, but unfortunately that is not possible.

14. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    i feel the way you do but somtimes not i may be getting like carrier burn out. i fished a many hours and spent a fortune on tackle and blood sweat and tears now its time to just put it all behind me till i feel like i enjoy it again.good luck and hope you catch em often.

15. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Sure. At times I put things away and do something else. I'm not a one [FONT=&quot]dimensional[/FONT] person. I have many things I enjoy doing. Fishing is not a way of life for me, it is part of my life. Terrible thing when a person gets so rapped up in doing or enjoying just one thing.

16. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    loi think that is what happened to me thanks bro know i see .thank yeal

17. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Fishing is a way of life for me, and I'm wrapped up in it real tight too, if that's a terrible thing so be it.:big_smile:

18. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    your young and at your age I couldn't think of much else but fishin but things change as you will soon find out. sometimes we get wiser. glad you like fishing but it to can create problems in our lives if we allow it to. wife , kids and mortages kinda help us see things a little different. glad my wife likes to fish and helps me in our fishing organization.

19. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I know what you're saying, right now all I really have to do is go to school and a little work around the house, so I have a lot of time to go fishing, so yeah I don't know how it is when you are grown and have a job and a family. I plan on having a career that fishing plays a part in, so hopefully I will always be able to fish a lot.:big_smile: