fish biting

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by rooster1, Aug 29, 2008.

1. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    are fish biting

2. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    are the fish biting good after all the rain. Im wanting to go sun night to lanier

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Just got off the water. The bite was good this morning but everytime we would stop and mark fish and hook up it wouldnt be but ten minutes later and the guide boats and guide chasers would show up and the bite would pretty much shut down to a pick. But Im very happy that they have opened up a bunch of ramps such as Balus:big_smile: which is a stones throw from the house and federal. I will say this much I have never in my life seen as many bait pods as I did this morning from Balus boat ramp all the way out to the mouth of flat creek must have been 3 or 4 hundred different pods on the surface just within eyesight. One guide launched his rig and didnt move but 20 feet in front of the ramp:smile2: If your gonna launch on the lake though be carefull!!!! There are some hefty logs floating out there and the become harder to see as the water gets choppy:eek:oooh:

4. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    thanks for the info were going out tonight ill be careful for logs. I didnt know there were many people catfishing in lanier. Were the guides fishing for cats?

5. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    They were probably Striper fishing.

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    yeah sorry about that I forgot to mention the striper part I really havent done much catfishing this year on Lanier mostly stripers and catfish at night if I am still on the water.

7. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Well I went out today after I made my last post big friggin mistake!!! It was madness out there rougue waves , and morons galore I almost wrecked the boat cause of another boater who decided he was gonna cut me off and when I reared back to brace for impact my chair broke as I came into a wave and lucky my dead mans switch was in reach cause I was on the floor with the boat at full speed and nose in the air heading towards a rocky shoal had enough time to yank the switch and coast towards shore with minimal impact. After I calmed myself down I went in search of some stripers and there was no way to fish the main lake with all the traffic and waves so we headed back into flat creek and live lined herring for bass in the shallower section caught two and lost two in the 5 to 8lb range all largemouths surprisingly. After that we hunkered down over the creek channel in 25ft of water and caught a mess of white cats with sprinkle of channels here and there. I will never be on lanier again in the afternoon on a holiday weekend that is for certain:angry:

8. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    thats what i kinda got out of it. we went out last night for 6 hrs and caught one. They wern"t biting anything anywhere. i havent had a trip like that in a while.

9. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    For catfish it was one of the better nights I had this summer but they were mostly white catfish but at least we were getting bites after a day of frustration and disapointment for stripers. If ya got a boat try and get back over to flat creek there is a ton of bait and fish back in there right now and a whole lot of carp too of ya wanna give them a shot:wink:

10. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    10-4 on the morons. I'm glad you did'nt get hurt.

11. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Really close though buddy I was truely shaken for the first time in years if I didnt react the way I did who knows how it would have turned out but no scenario other than what happened would have been good for me or the boat. But at least God blessed me with a decent night of fishing after all the maniacs went home

12. Klag

Klag New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I love them carp since I just catch and release anyway. Seen any I can reach from the bank? :)

My license expired in April, haven't even been fishing since then :eek:

13. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    thats why i like going out at night . That lakes usually rough on the weekends. Did you hit any logs? I hit a few they were floating all over the north end. Yall talk about white cats. I have caught alot of cats on lanier and havent seen a white cat to my knowledge. We always catch blues and channels. I guess there channels there blue on top fading down to white on bottom with speckles on them.

14. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    YES :wink::smile2:!

15. Klag

Klag New Member

State:
    Georgia
    There are no blue cats in Lanier. Just channel cat, a billion white cats, and a few flatheads - which are slowly but surely growing in numbers in Lanier.

16. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Sure did we hit a monster near the Balus boat ramp on sunday:eek:oooh: I usually only fish as far up as Browns Bridge right now as those striped basta...oops I mean striped bass are more south around 6 mile creek and so forth:smile2:

17. rooster1

rooster1 New Member

State:
    ga banks county
    havent been here in a while. We went saltwater fishing last week. Caught a lot of fish. We were going out this weekend on lanier just wondering if the fish were biting now

18. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Stripers are starting to make some noise in the south end

19. Yakdawg

Yakdawg New Member

State:
    Cumming, GA
    Striper fishing has been very good on the south end off the main channel, I caught 4 in 30 minutes from my kayak last week. Two in the 12-15# range. The cats are also biting very good, I have caught catfish on my last three trips, bottom fishing a live BB.

Some people in a sail boat told me the other day they saw fish breaking the surface above 369, smaller strips or spots most likely!

20. Fishmaster1203

State:
    PA
    Thanks for the report there yak. :0a17: