Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the fish are on near the Mermac and Mississippi?I'm going out tomorrow.Any info would be appreciated.:wink:

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Anyone know if the fish are on near the Mermac and Mississippi?I'm going out tomorrow.Any info would be appreciated.:wink:
I know that the river(s) are way up. katcatchingfool went out to Alton yesterday and caught a few, I think he said his biggest was 26 pounds and his smallest was 11.

Let us know what the conditions are when you get back! We'll expect a full report! :smile2:

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Mike it was good to meet you yesterday. Glad to hear you got on some fish and one of them was a blue. I am starting to think a bunch of our fish in this stretch of the big river have moved. We finally lucked into a med sized channel to get the skunk out of the boat but other than that it was a humbling day. It sure was nice to be out on the water again with only one layer of clothing.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry it took so long to post a fishing report.My computer's been down.The fish are off.I fished all day,caught 6 small channels,1 blue.The channels were all under 2#,the blue went 5.All werw caught on the Illinois side of the Mississippi in a rocky cove off the main river.'Crawlers caught the channels,shad head for the blue.I ain't gonna gripe,though.My first fishing trip of the season,and I did at least catch fish.It's a small start.:wink:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike it was good to meet you yesterday. Glad to hear you got on some fish and one of them was a blue. I am starting to think a bunch of our fish in this stretch of the big river have moved. We finally lucked into a med sized channel to get the skunk out of the boat but other than that it was a humbling day. It sure was nice to be out on the water again with only one layer of clothing.
Some of us at least had one layer on.My father,on the other hand,is 82 and kept cover-alls and a hoodie on all day!I don't know how he stads it.See ya next time,hopefully with something to show besides a sunburn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.