Fish biting yet?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Dredge, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Anyone know if the fish are on near the Mermac and Mississippi?I'm going out tomorrow.Any info would be appreciated.:wink:

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I know that the river(s) are way up. katcatchingfool went out to Alton yesterday and caught a few, I think he said his biggest was 26 pounds and his smallest was 11.

Let us know what the conditions are when you get back! We'll expect a full report! :smile2:

3. crackers

crackers New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    And get a lot of pictures, we need pictures too,Cause i cant read.so pictures helps..

4. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    hope you did better than i did. another member spills and i went out on the meremac... out of george winter park... didn't even get a nibble. sure was nice to be on the water though.

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Mike it was good to meet you yesterday. Glad to hear you got on some fish and one of them was a blue. I am starting to think a bunch of our fish in this stretch of the big river have moved. We finally lucked into a med sized channel to get the skunk out of the boat but other than that it was a humbling day. It sure was nice to be out on the water again with only one layer of clothing.

6. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Sorry it took so long to post a fishing report.My computer's been down.The fish are off.I fished all day,caught 6 small channels,1 blue.The channels were all under 2#,the blue went 5.All werw caught on the Illinois side of the Mississippi in a rocky cove off the main river.'Crawlers caught the channels,shad head for the blue.I ain't gonna gripe,though.My first fishing trip of the season,and I did at least catch fish.It's a small start.:wink:

7. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Some of us at least had one layer on.My father,on the other hand,is 82 and kept cover-alls and a hoodie on all day!I don't know how he stads it.See ya next time,hopefully with something to show besides a sunburn.