Fish biting hard!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Sep 18, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Went down to the river front in Louisiana,Mo yesterday and tried a little fishing off of boat dock.First I caught some shad about 4" long .used them whole.when I got a good hit ,time I got to the pole they would let up on it and then I'd check the bait and it would be bitten in half. Question is do you all have and ideas as to what might of been hitting the bait and do you think it would be worth trying again. They hit hard but wouldn't hold long enough for this slow ol body.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Gar, Gar, Gar......that would be my guess. Turtle is also a good possibility.

3. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Maybe a turtle? I'm gonna hit the "Susky" thismorning around 9:00am.

4. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Yea TEA,it night be gar.Iwas fishing out towards the channel not to far from it so I don't know if turtle would go out that far. Guess I'm just gonna have to catch whatever and see who is right.Let you know if I ever do. GOD BLESS and STAY SAFE!!

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi John. I also think it might just be a Gar! Try this, put a Stniger hook in the tail of your bait and you will catch that rascall then We will Know.I have used this tactic before and it has worked, and the stinger hook dosen't have to be as large as your main hook.Your Frind J.D.
    :smile2:

6. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Not sure what that could have been. You said when you would check your bait you'd have a half a shad left. In my experience the gar don't quit until they have it all and there is nothing left but the bare hook.