Fish bite question.

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by Mac-b, Sep 1, 2007.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    How soon will a fish bite after it has been caught previously? A reference to a study would be appreciated or your own experience with this subject. Thanks, Mac.

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    There is a video on here that DeerHunter01 (Eric) made of a 35lb Blue that broke his line and 5 to 10 seconds later took another bait.

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thats a good question mac , iv caught the same flathead 4 different times in the same spot on four different days he was always hooked on the same side of the mouth . iv also caught a channel cat before droped it back in and caught it on one of my other rods . but this all depends i think on the fish , they do have a mind of their own . the only thing i know for certian is if you catch it the first time you can consider yourself lucky , if you want to push that luck then turn it back and try to catch it again lol

4. jamminbassplayer

jamminbassplayer New Member

State:
    kansas
    Pretty much immedialty, from what I've seen.

5. riverwiskers

riverwiskers New Member

State:
    kelly nc
    May depend on the fish IDK.I do know me and my buddy were pitching docks for bass using junebug centipede rubber worms. He hooked into a good one and broke the line. He retied another junbug rig and started pitching the same dock, got a hit, set the hook and boom it was on. He landed a fat 7# bass, after removing the hook he noticed a second one. Yep same rig, had to be the one he just broke off. Never did I believe a fish would hit twice till then. Dale

6. Jedi007

Jedi007 New Member

State:
    Chino Hills, California
    I think the fish keep biting until they are physically pulled out of the water and or taken away from it. When I release them I have caught the same fish over and over during the same trip...next trip...even a trip a week later...

I think once you are on the fish they will continue to feed until either they leave or you leave. I do think they get a little smarter though. After catching the same fish a two or three times in the same trip I won't see them again...(until the next trip). When I stop seeing them I figure that someone else has caught them.

7. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I have often caught the same released fish within an hour or so of letting it go. But never as soon as some of you guys.

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    My largest flathead ever had 4 other hooks in his mouth and one of which I believe was mine. It was the same hook I'd been using all night and I was broke off twice in the same spot. I dunno where the other fish was, but I believe 100% that the blood red circle in his jaw was mine from earlier in the night. I've also caught bass within minutes of catching them but they were spawning so it doesn't really count.