Fish are gettin ready!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Larry Collier, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    The spoons on the Grand/Neosho River feeding Gibson are moving.
    They have been catching sandbass up river around the Pryor Creek area already and I was told the spoons are active at Mazie Landing. Other lakes and rivers should be showing activity also!

2. catfisher74354

catfisher74354 New Member

State:
    miami,okla.
    Hello All, Yep the white bass are being caught around twin bridges and up in spring river. The spoonbill are around sailboat bridge and heading towards twin bridges up the Neosho and Spring rivers. Good Luck to all!!

Catfisher74354-Terry Rogers

3. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    I snagged two male spoons (40 pounds or so) below L&D 16 while jigging for skipjack herring. The first made a dive as he got near the bank and the jig pulled out. The second one managed to roll on the line three or four times really getting himself into a mess. I had to cut my line in several places to keep from hurting him when I released him.

For those that may not understand, snagging for spoons is prohibited for a particular distance (I think 1 mile) below L&D 16.

It was a blast fighting that spoonbill against the current on 14 pound line with my light action spinning reel. I'm ready to do it again!

4. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    We were blasting the sandies there were dirty creek empties into the river. We caught more skip jack than anyting, but they were all pretty big. Got the freezer stocked now with some good catfish food!

5. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Thanks!

I've been having trouble finding the skipjack at the dam... guess they're not up that far yet... until the sun comes out hard and strong!

Will you be there tomorrow? I'll try to dodge the raindrops and hunt the skippies.

6. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Got to many "honeydoos" tomorrow. About the only fishing day I get is Wednesdays. Might hook up next week. Going trout fising first, then try something else later.

7. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    Albert you musta had your hands full :big_smile:

I think the distance is the same below all the L&D's but I can't remember what it is.

8. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    bluecats are moving up into 10' and less on their spring feeding frenzy. Look for them in 5-10', backs of coves with brush. A report from 3/14 was 30 blues caught mainly 15- 20 pounds with 1 at 32 pounds on jugs in 5-10' of water back of cove in timber. I have 2 reports like this on 2 different lakes on the same day.

catman george

9. SNAGGED

SNAGGED New Member

State:
    Tahlequah Oklahoma
    I plan on going after some sandbass Saturday at Ft. Gibson dam and maybe around the Horseshoe Bend area Sunday. Sounds like their really starting to move.