Fish are biting in the Neosho River

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Catmaster, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

SE Kansas
    Has anyone went out on the Neosho the last few times it has been up this spring? This is one of the best springs I have ever had as far as the amount of fish. Me and a friend dropped his small boat into a creek and went down almost a half a mile from the river when it was up the last time and set some limblines and did some rod and reel fishing. We set 12 lines and had 9 fish on them the next morning. When we were fishing rod&reel we caught 6, Nothing real big (biggest 10.3#) but the bite was fast. we wernt there but an hour and a half. I was surprised by the #'s in such short a time. It was alot of fun and good eat'n.
  2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

I havent been on the Neosho this year but I have been doin pretty good on the Arkansas, with rod and reel. I would like to hit the Neosho sometime though.:wink:

3. Kansas Tree Rat

Kansas Tree Rat New Member

Waverly, Kansas
    Sounds like you fish the Neosho a little farther down stream then I do. Sounds like you must be down around Parsons. I did pretty good on the Neosho a couple of weeks ago. You can see my post a few down from yours.