Fish Advisory

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by waterwalker, Apr 1, 2006.

1. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    I was wondering how many other states have advisories for eating fish,
    in Ohio every species has some kind of warning. Some of our larger rivers
    have no consumption alerts. It is a sad thing when there are streams that
    as a boy we could drink the water...today its unsafe to put your feet in.
    Wonder what will be left for our families that follow our love of the outdoors.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    We did it. We tolerated things and left them unchecked for years and now we get to reap the rewards. We have em in Jersey.

3. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Yea, don't eat the freshwater fish in New Jersey unless you like glowin in the dark!

4. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I agree Waterwalker, it is very, very sad! What really boils my blood, is those that continue to have disregard for our natural resources, and put profit before common sense and spew propaganda garbage, that there is no problem!
    "Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children."

5. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    A recent release said that 96% of surface water is dangersous in kansas. PCP, heavy metals, and other chemicals and bacteria thrive in our water. It is not unusual to have a do not wade/swim advisory. One area even said you couldnt even shower with the tap water due to contamination. This was treated water. CPR may be the only way to enjoy the sport if things arent changed.

6. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I think there is some type of advisory in every state and every body of water. Sad to say but in 20 years it may be unsafe to just be near a lake or river.

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Just another deal of big, money hungry corporations who'd do anythng to give a few more pennies to a share holder, or pay the outlandish CEO salaries.

8. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Most of the warnings around here are on the consumption of bas and it is only on a few bodies of water.