First Winter weather warning!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Nov 28, 2006.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We're forcast to get nasty weather wise! I heard on the radio thunderstorms tonight then tomorrow sharp drop in temps with freezeing rain. They have already issued a winter weather advisory,so we shall see it will be our first one of the season if the prediction is accurate.:roll_eyes:

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Heck it's spring in Smithville! 71 degrees and the sun is shining and I'm stuck at work!

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dougc you're just about an hour and a half south of me and you are correct we are standing at 68 degree's but I just checked the Farmers Almanac and they're sayin almost the same thing! Yesterday they said it was "squally weather" well it rained and thundered and good share of the day and I don't mean sprinkles either I mean it poured,now it's suppose to do it again tonight.Farmers Almanac stated Temps will be much colder tomorrow well yes, I'd say so since they're putting out a winter weather advisory due to freezeing rain. I don't mind snow with a good 4 wheel drive you can still travel but freezeing rain nah I think I'll stay in they haven't invented a car yet that you can take the tires off and replace with ski's Ha Ha! Have a great day ya all!:smile2:

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    64° and sunny here... I reckon we had a good thunderstorm with lots of rain about 5:30 thi morning... which fortunately I slept thru :lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Don't ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    This is the forcast for this part of the world through Thursday night.

Tonight: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 61. Southeast wind around 9 mph. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Wednesday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after noon. Partly cloudy, with a high near 71. South southeast wind between 9 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night: Rain likely. Increasing clouds, with a low around 43. North northwest wind 6 to 9 mph increasing to between 15 and 18 mph. Winds could gust as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Thursday: Occasional rain, mixing with snow after noon. High near 43. Breezy, with a northwest wind between 14 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Thursday Night: A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I never outgrew being the big kid that likes the snow, but ice never did much for me. It’s going to dip down into the mid teens, making any power outages that much worse.

7. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Yeah Pat, they are calling for freezing rain and snow as far south as West Plains, Mo. and northwestern Arkansas. Maybe you guys will luck out and get to keep it all. We don't want it here. LOL. Throw another log on the fire and play on the computer.

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Hmpprhh... they are calling for it here too. I have all ready started shivering just to get in practice before the front arrives. Gotta be prepared, you know.

9. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    70 degrees here today But!
    Springfield news is calling for a high of 28 on Friday and a low of 12
    Burrrrrrrrr!!!!
    Better throw the mittens in the boat.....

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you sir for the belly buster,when you said you were shivering to get in practice I busted out laughing! I don't know they're still forcasting very cold temps but now only a 30 percent chance of precip. Farmers Almanac says there will be a sharp drop in temps so they're right about it gettin cold. I guess we all just have to wait and see. It's bound to happen eventually!:big_smile:

11. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Temps have stayed in the 20's today and tonights low is suppose to be 15, more snow tomorrow with a low of -5. It looks pretty...bout all I can say :roll_eyes:

12. onemorecast

onemorecast New Member

State:
    Moore, Oklahoma
    Let it get cold, that just means less people at the lake this weekend. Won't have to watch my jugs like a hawk. I love winter time fishing. The fish pile up on top of each othere and almost ask to be caught.

13. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Hey Eric, welcome to the BOC. Nice catfish in the pic. LOL

14. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    That same system will be hittin us in TN on thursday night...the cold part that is. I took friday off to fish! argh

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Now Pat you know that when the Weather man gives a forecast that most of the time thier wrong . Hopefully they'll be wrong this time. Can handle the cold (up to a point) but I don't like the snow and ice I can do without. Personally I like the way it is right now .It can stay this way till Spring then warm up would suit me just fine.Now for this bad weather were to get you can keep it up your way ,won't upset me a bit. You all just be careful out there.

16. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well MRR It's 6:10 AM getting these teens ready for school.I agree watherman is fickle.When I retired last night at 11:00 pm the precip was down to 30% for today with very little of nothing happenin.Well here we go my temp light on the computer is bright red which signals me that were in a warning so I check and it's back up to 80% of freezeing rain.Say Yuck three times. Just a day to stay in where it's warm! Ya all out there driving PLEASE BE CAREFUL! Don't want to hear anyone getting in a wreck because of icy roads.:crazy:

17. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Pat,I have to travel 169 HWY late at night,50 mile drive.I've spent a few nights on the couch at work,seen too many cars off the road that were not found for a few days!!

18. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I fished tues in 60 degree weather and now they are calling for 3 to 4" of snow. I am not going to put my boat away yet. If it gets back to 40 I will go again.
    Bill

19. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Cook! Just be careful,my warning didn't say how much ice but that thre would an accumulation of some ice. The wind outside is blowing and it's cold. Take care!:big_smile:

20. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mrr, as i stated this morning at 6Am were in weather warnings but buddy my moth-in-law called a little while ago she just lives about 30 to 40 min south of me and she said she heard on the Weather Channel St. Louis was getting hit with 7 inches of snow? So we shall see! Keep warm Brother:big_smile: