First White River Flatties.

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Trahviiz, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    My cousin and I went down to the river last night and early this morning. He's not a very hardcore fisherman but lucked into a little, first, and only flattie. It was probably all but a foot long, caught on worm but he was stoked. We went back about 7 this morning; at 9 on the nose my baitrunner started screaming and I caught mine. 30 inches nose to tail, taken on a live gill.

I'll post the pics as soon as I can find out what I did with my camera.

2. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Here's two pictures from it, my cousin's is on a different camera wich he has right now. I'll make sure to get it up too. lol

Attached Files:

3. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    way to go.where on the white do u fish

4. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    Usually downtown Indy. Anywhere between the damn and Washington.

5. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Nice fish! Looks like a nice time you had!

6. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Congrats, nice flattie. I haven't been able to buy a bite this past week.

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    sounds like a good fish. its always a pleasure to catch that first fish....espeicially when its a flathead.

8. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Cool bro good job... tell your buddy good job too.. my first flat way only about 3" long lol!
    I didnt even know what the heck it was, so I dubbed it a "banjo" cat cuz I thought I resembled a banjo:roll_eyes::smile2:

9. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    The whole reason we even went back this morning, after fishing all day yesterday, was the fact that right when we were leaving last night there was a flattie swirl in front of us that looked big enough to eat my dog. It had me itching to get back as soon as possible.

I'll definitely be spending some more time up there going after one the size we seen. Sounds like one of those grand ole fish stories.:smile2:

10. Jetdoc

Jetdoc New Member

State:
    Mooresville Indiana
    Nice catch Travis. I have fished for flatheads in that area also but only caught small ones. That is definately a big one for that area.
    Where you fishing down there on Tuesday late afternoon as well? I might have seen you there.

11. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    I can't quite remember the day, but I was down there earlier this week as well. It looked as if there were a carp tourney being held in front of West Side or something.

12. Jetdoc

Jetdoc New Member

State:
    Mooresville Indiana
    Yes there was a small tournament going on there. It was a biggest fish wins all but carp has always won it. I was down there with the wife on the other end of the group from you. My eyes are not that good from that long distance but I thought that was you.
    Hope to see you down there again sometime soon. I might even go down there on the fourth to do some fishing and see the fireworks downtown at the same time.

13. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    I got to fish last 4th of July and it was pretty neat. I have a wedding to go to this time though, so there wont be any water for me. :smile2:

How is the carp fishing over there anyways? I usually set my last one out for carp after catching some small bait fish but never have much luck myself.

14. Jetdoc

Jetdoc New Member

State:
    Mooresville Indiana
    Carp fishing is good during the spring and fall there. Average size is 6-8lbs and a few 14-16lb ones in there also.

15. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    nice fish there are tons of flattys where u are fishing and some true monsters make sure u got some gear. :wink:

16. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
    I've just recently started targeting them there. I've pulled tons of nice channels. It took me 3 tries to get my first flattie, and I'll be going for them every time from here on out.