First two kills of the year

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by switchback, Oct 17, 2008.

1. switchback

switchback New Member

State:
    Illinois
    well i went out Thursday evening sat on a bucket under a tree along a bean field. I have hot several deer in this same spot they have food bedding and 2 or 3 ponds to drink out of all with in 50 yards. Well I had a yearling pop up in front of me slowly turned to watch it and noticed a doe and yearling behind me too. I thought for sure i was had cause they wer down wind. Well now im going back and forth watching and waiting for a shot a doe, when the yearling behind me comes in for a drink she was to small and had there been enough room i coulda shot mom. Well the ones in the field behind me dissapeared so i turn to check on the yearling in front of me and its less than 20 yards drinking from the pond. Well i thought what the heck i start a new job monday that is going to cut my hunting way way down so i get ready and sure enough she walked right to my open lane THUMP i didnt hear it fall due to all the other deer running after the yearling ran em over. I waited till this morning went back and she didnt make fifty yards had i looked harder instead of trying for 2 in one night i coulda seen her from my bucket. The second well actually the first kill was about 20 minutes earlier a GREY SQUIRREL hopped up to five yards or so and i have always wanted to shoot one with my bow but have never had the angle so that i could find my arrow. As soon as he dropped his head i drew and pinned him to the ground. GOOD LUCK ALL

2. CopeMan

CopeMan New Member

State:
    MO
    Congrats man. Way to go:big_smile:

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Nathan, awesome. Cant wait till next season.

4. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    congrats, swicthback, sounds like an awesome spot.

5. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Awesome. thanks for the story

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    the ole' bucket trick:cool2: Congrats.