First turkey of the year - Turkey had 4 beards

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by quackkillsduxs, Mar 12, 2006.

1. quackkillsduxs

quackkillsduxs New Member

State:
    madison mississippi
    First turkey of the year, march 10th. Turkey had 4 beards
    beard 1. 9"
    beard 2. 5 1/4"
    beard 3. 5 1/4"
    beard 4. 4 1/4"
    i will try to get some pictures on here but i dont no if i will know how. we also heard the first gobble of the year in south ms

2. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    NICE gobbler!!!!!!!!! congrats thats a nice one.... i have only shot 3 b4 one with 410, compound 2 times....

3. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Congrats!!! That sounds like one heck of a bird too. Can't wait to see some pictures of it. You guys can sure start turkey hunting early. We have to wait until April 24th. Good job! :thumbsup:

4. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    I'm jealous to say the least. Congrats on the bird!!!!!!!!!! God bless.

5. PRKRANGER2

PRKRANGER2 New Member

State:
    Chattanooga TN HBSP
    I can't wait until the season starts here in TN

6. RiverOtter

RiverOtter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My first turkey had one beard. 10.5 inches. 1 inch spurs and weighed 23 pounds and 11 ounces. It wasnt to bad. It was really exciting. I had three gobblers come over the hill and i took the closest one. The other one was a little smaller and one of them was a little bigger, but they were on the decoy and looked a little weary so i took the shot. I couldnt wait to see if the bigger one would come in. I was afraid they might fly away.

:D

7. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Sounds like a nice turkey, can't wait till season starts.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    man. sounds like a big bird. my buddie might be going on a turkey hunt soon too. never done it yet.

9. rodrekus

rodrekus New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    MAN WHAT A TROPHY....I CANT WAIT TIL aPRIL 24TH SO I CAN GET ONE

10. hunterman1971

hunterman1971 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Wow great bird it comes in KY the 15 th I can't wait . hope i can get one this year ..anyway great bird what call did you use? mouth call,box call

11. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Hey Joe,
    Thats a great Bird! I have only shot one multi bearded bird before. It had two beards one 8" and the other 6". To get a bird with 4 beards, is a Real Trophy!
    My season here in Michigan doesn't start til the 17th of April. Believe me I'm getting real excited for the warm weather
    Sparky

12. quackkillsduxs

quackkillsduxs New Member

State:
    madison mississippi
    really funny story it was the youth and the turkeys really werent gobblin so we set up in a field and we heard some hens down in the hollow beside us ke kein and so we called to em and about 15 minutes later two gobblers ran out and when they came out the wind blew over our hen decoy and they spooked and he shot him before he could get away. the other one had a bigger beard but probaly not 4. i could one this morning it was an awesome hunt ill tell yal about it in another post. its really cool cuz were gettin these all on film and there turning out pretty good