first try at a diamond wrap

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by kscathunter, Aug 15, 2009.

1. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    well its a little crooked cause i didnt have any cp to help hold it still but it looks ok maybe someday ill have a bunch of tread and be able to get fancy but theise were the colors i had shoot minus the silver i should have added. my next one will have an under wrap and hopefully be strait sence it will be on a rod that i want it to be on insted of a pratice rod.

Attached Files:

2. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Looks great, Nice job Brandon ..:wink:
    Puddle

3. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    looks nice , you did a good job

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Looks Good!!, :big_smile:

5. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    It looks good to me.

6. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sweet, looks great.

7. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    You will be a pro before you know it Brandon, Nice Job:wink:

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    About the only real trouble I had was the big lumps of thread that I had to do the winding over because it made diamonds on both ends. I would guess ajusting the starting point of the wrap would be the only fix.

9. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    Good job! Wish I had the talent to do that...

10. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Looks good to me. Good Job.

11. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Good looking wraps man I know some people been doin it for years and theirs aint no better than yours:big_smile: If ya didnt say it was your first attempt I wouldnt have known :wink:

12. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Cool project anyhow..:wink:

13. Cherokee Rod Man

Cherokee Rod Man New Member

State:
    Eufaula La
    Brandon; Man that's way better than my 1st. for sure! Yeah on the "lump" wrapping over the end any size works to tie it off, but what worked best for me overwrap that with size E black. Now that you have your first one down, how much to wrap one for a new rod job?:smile2:

14. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    LOL I think i could assemble fancy up some rods for added income, i like doing it and could definatly use the money. kind of hard finding Pt work that fits my wierd scedual and something that id actually want to do. i thought about makeing and selling weights but its sometimes hard to get ahold of lead. rod building is definatly something im finding myself getting verry enterested in. i still havent tried all the processes involved in doing a rod but through tons of reading and some trial and error it all seems fairly easy, something i COULD POSSIABLY do in the future in my spare time for cash if i had all the supplies and if i had buyers.

15. 89Ricky89

89Ricky89 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Looks nice, good job!

16. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I just started a spider :crazy: kind of thinking my spaceing might be off but I guess I'll see. The how to didn't leave mutch to go by, so far it looks like I got the pattern right at least.

17. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    well i guessed right the spacing was off. i made the outside box too far away from the centerline:sad2: and ran out of room :embarassed:. oh well i was tired of messing with and i got it figured out anyways:cool2:

Attached Files:

18. powerwagon

powerwagon New Member

State:
    north carolina
    man thats nice, nothing like custom hand made rods with stuning rap and paterns. my grand parents used to run a tackel shop back home in kutstown PA cald "R&Sbaitandtackel" and my grand pa mad custom rods for ppl that orderd them from him but he made fly rods mostly... i never got to learn:sad2: my grand parents moved to canada after shuting the shop down in the 90s...but me and my dad inharited all his rod building stuff I have bokoos of lamiglas & some fenwick blanks.I will try it out some time:wink:

19. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Brandon,thats awsome,dont be so critical of your self.

20. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    not really being critical of my self just pointing out what i did wrong :tounge_out: ill know alittle better next time. i wanted the legs WAY longer but i left too mutch distance between the two colors. also i could probally filled in the backgroung better two but its not getting done:wink:

the diamond is awesume:cool2::wink:

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009