First trip to the ohio river

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by 1442ncs, Jul 30, 2008.

1. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    Made my first to the Ohio last night .Caught a couple of small flatheads and a gar. Really was a nice night to be on the water, hope to get back in a day or two.

2. kycatter

kycatter New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Nice. What part of the Ohio did you fish?

3. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    We fished from the Owensboro bridge up to OMU. First trip I didn't want get real adventurous. I'd say that water could get mean quick.

4. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    The first time I went night fishing in a boat on the Ohio, I have to admit, I was scared. Now that I am used to it, the beauty and serenity of fishing at night makes it well worth it. Wait until you see a shooting star for the first time. AWESOME :big_smile: However, she demands your 100% attention and respect every second you are out there, as do the barges. Never let your guard down, she is unforgiving. I like listening to the critters on the shoreland.

Be Safe
    Linda

5. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was fishing down river 10 or 15 miles from the West Point boat ramp. I don't know why but i never noticed the fog come in while i was fishing. I tell you no lie you could not see anything it did'nt matter if i turned the spotlight on or off. It was scary the only way i knew which way i was going was by the river current. It took me a few hours to do those miles back to the ramp.

6. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    hey im having a tourny here in owensboro next month. u should come and get in it. it will be a fun way to meet new cathunters like myself

7. 1442ncs

1442ncs New Member

State:
    Muhlenburg, KY
    PM some info to me and I'll see what I can do. Dates, Times, etc. Never fished in a cat tourney. Willing to try though.