first trip to milford

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by mitchell, Jan 27, 2006.

1. mitchell

mitchell New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I was planning on a trip up to Milford sometime this summer. Would like to get into a few blues. Any tips would be great. Also anyone ever fished Woodson county. I have heard some very good things about this lake.

2. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I have only fished it a bit, but my wifes grandpa fished it alot when he could. The local rangers are very helpful. The cats pictured on the wall were not to shabby. The lake is clear usually and has lots of submerged timber. I used my roadrunner/livebait combo with a bobber and had a great day. The local rangers often will know where they shocked good numbers and often lead you to some prime areas. Wish I had my boat with me that day I was there. Lots of places I couldnt reach from shore. Best of luck

3. retired stump jumper

retired stump jumper New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    When I lived in Yates Center we called it Lake Fagen I have caught some nice cats & Crappie out of that lake. Also caught some nice flats out of the Y. C. lake the one in the park by the golf corse also some nice channels. I do not get around to good anymore I have to wait for my grandsons to take me.

4. retired stump jumper

State:
    KANSAS
    I should have said there is also some good fishing 15 miles so of YC too there at Buffalow lake. Some good cats & crappie, once in awhile you can catch Waleye there & at lake Fagen too.

5. retired stump jumper

State:
    KANSAS
    Hey youngster what is your wifes grandpas name maybe I know him.