First trip to Lake Hartwell

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Chrisingeorgia, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Chrisingeorgia

Chrisingeorgia New Member

State:
    NY
    I'm planning to fish hartwell in the next few weeks and I'm really unfamiliar with the area so I don't know if the location I've picked will be very productive or not. I will be camping in Hart State Park a few miles or so from the dam and I'm hoping to catch one of those lunkers hartwell is known for. I don't have a boat and fish from the bank so I'm hoping I'll get lucky.

Anyone know if this is a good area to fish?

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I have never fished or even been to that area of the lake.I cant help you there.Most of the catfishin on Hartwell is done up in the Seneca and Tugaloo river arms.Hopefully some of the Hartwell boys can help you.

3. Chrisingeorgia

Chrisingeorgia New Member

State:
    NY
    Yeah, I spoke to a guy the other day that does a lot of fishing in the seneca river arm, beaver dam creek, 18 mile, etc. He said that's the place to be, but unfortunately I don't have a boat to reach the good spots. :angry:

4. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    you should be ok thats down on the deep end of the lake. there alot of good cats caught down that way but from what i know its mainly by accident while striper fishing. I dont know any body that targets cats down that far but you never know.