First Trip out

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Capt_Culver, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Capt_Culver

Capt_Culver Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hit my local favorite river for the first time this year on Tuesday. Started plugging the banks on the way down to our spot trying to pick up some bait. Came up empty. Then, I tried to cast net the shad in the spot I always catch them but came up empty again. So, I was happy that I brought the frozen stuff. We used frozen gizzard shad in the 6-10 inch range cut into 2 inch pieces. River was still a little high and the current was faster than normal. My main target was flatheads, but without the live bait I was just hoping for a few channels. We put our first rod in the water at 8:30 pm and called it quits at midnight. Ended up with 7 fish...all over 6 pounds. 2 of them were in the 9-10 lb class. It was fun to finally get back on the river and get things going again.

Attached Files:

2. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Nice going Josh .... I know it feels good to get the first one of the year .... Garry-

3. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Hey Josh, good to see your still alive..lol. Nice job on the catch. I hope to get out Saturday. Don't know when, depends on the rain.

4. Capt_Culver

Capt_Culver Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've been busy as H E double hockey sticks. Spring is always busy for me...wife starts making me fertilize the yard, clean the garage and basement....yada yada yada. It seems like it never ends. lol Good luck to you on Saturday. I am going to try to get out again tomorrow night.

5. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck on your next trip out. Good to see you catching something, congrats!

6. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Thank you on the info and its good to hear you was able to finally get back out and fish again sounds like you done a good job and them was some nice channels that you caught too. Congrats and good luck on your next trip.

7. RIVERRUNT

RIVERRUNT New Member

State:
    reynoldsburg ohio
    Nice Job Josh!!! After i put my pontoon in saturday at alum creek im going to fish the river sometime soon .

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Any fish is a good one this time of year the way the rivers have been way to stick it out.:cool2:

9. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Congrats on the fish Josh. Glad to see ya made it out and caught some.

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    congrats on the fish bro..... shoot me a pm with your cell number still. I have the info. you asked, just been busy.....rollo

11. joadb

joadb Member

State:
    Clinton, Ohio,
    nice fish captain!

12. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Like Jack said way to stick it out ..Its always worth it once you get a good bite lol