First trip out on Ms Slymetyme

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by steve_b124, Feb 21, 2009.

1. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Took her out today for the 1st trip. Went to Murray again. Waited till late to go, got there about 10:30 and only fished till 3:30. I managed to get 6, 1 dink and the rest 16 - 21 pounds. Fished both shad and herring, couldn't tell much difference as to the preference. Caught most in 35 feet of water. The water temp is still coming up, about 51.6 today in the main channel.

The boat is great, lots more room than my old boat. I had a little trouble with the tilt and trim, it acts like a bad connection. The relay will pick up and start to lower \ raise the motor, then just drop out. I also failed to charge the trolling motor battery, bought it yesterday. It lasted about 1 hour and died. After that I just put out the socks and drifted.

Took my 16 year old nephew with me. He caught his personal best, an 18 pound blue, plus a dink. He was tickled.

God Bless All,
    Steve

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Glad ya got on some good ones and slimed the boat.:wink:

3. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Guess I'm gonna have to come put some cat deterent on this one too!!!:smile2::smile2:
    Maybe I will just put a big rooster decal on the bottom, where all the fishes can see it!:wink:

Glad you got to the water and caught some fishes. Isn't it great to watch someone else reel in those PB's? See it's not so hard to share the love!:smile2::smile2:

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Glad y'all got in 'em, Steve!

Bill in SC

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Good report, Steve. Thanks.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Thats some dang nice fish for a maiden voyage!! :wink:

7. PeeDee Cat

PeeDee Cat Member

State:
    SC
    Great way to brake your old boat back in.
    PEEDEE CAT

8. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks guys. There is nothing I love more than taking a kid, or anyone for that matter and putting them on some good cats. The kis I took today doesn't have anyone to do anything like that with. It will be great memories for him as well as me.

SUNBIRD, Surely you put a rooster on my boat would you? :confused2: I thought we were becoming friends. I was thinking about trying to connect with you and fish sometime, but now I wonder. :wink: In all honesty, I pull for the cocks every game but 1.:embarassed:'

God Bless All,
    Steve

9. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Sounds like a good first trip in the new ride, thats the way to break er in:wink:

10. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Send my congrats to the young man who got a Pb. Great job Steve, thanks for sharing the report .

-Jim-

11. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Its good to have more room.