First Trip of the year

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by shelbygt1979, Jun 4, 2007.

1. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Well Me And Keith (cathunter1978) Went fishing on friday night at a local Lake fishing with fresh cut shad. Well we get out there and get set up and within 10mins I hooked into a 17lb channel. I really love the way big channels fight. A little while later Keith caught his new P.B. Channel at 9lbs. Then a little while later I catch A 9lb,11lb and a 13lb Channel. So all in all it was a good trip other then it was raining buckets off and on all night. Then on sat we head out again after catching some bait and at our lake the spot was take so we fished somewhere we had not fished before in the same lake as friday and I caught a 6lb channel. However we only fished on saturday about 3 hours or so. I will include so pics from the trip Keith have a few on his camera also.

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Here is a pic of the fish from sat. He is 6lbs I caught him around 10Pm on shad belly pocket.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Thanx for sharein. Like you, I to luv them channels. LOL!

4. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    Nice channels ! I would have to agree with you. I love how those big ones fight also. my Pb is 11lbs and when he got to the boat he put the hammer down on my Big cat rod . I would love to find out how a 17lb fights. Congrats IRONCAT

5. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nice pics shelby. Bet it was a blast! Id love to catch a mess like that. Good job.

6. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Looks like you got treated well, got to love big channel!!

7. gbennett21

gbennett21 New Member

State:
    kansas
    weres that at if you dont mind?(not your spots just what lake)

8. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    that was some nice fish pics. looks like you a good trip.:big_smile: