The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feb 27th. Joe took me to a private pond that he has access to fish. He got his line in the water at 1:15 p.m., I was trying out my wireless depth finder. For neither one of us had any idea of how deep or what structure of this pond. The water was muddy and a steady breeze was blowing all the time we were there. The water temp was around 60 degrees. Joe hooked a 10 inch L.M.Bass at 1:30 on a night crawler, so I thought this was going to be a busy day. Then nothing much happened, Joe did get a blue gill that he then try for bait.

. My Catfish bobber rig just got one light tap all day. Then around 2:45 the bluegills started hitting my small bobber set up. They were biting very softly just barely moving the bobber before going with it. That was why about half swallowed the hook. We called it a day around 4:30 all of the fish were caught on night crawler. I had a total of 16 bluegills and one white Crappie. It was a good way to spend a sunny day. I am looking forward to going back the when the weather is warmer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts