first trip in new boat

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by MoMudCat, Aug 9, 2008.

1. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    I took my boys fishing this weekend and it was my first fishing trip in my new boat. We didn't catch any cats, but the boys enjoyed catching bait, and I enjoyed running from hole to hole!!:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    That my friend is one sweet lookin ride. Nice boat:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I echo CountryHart! Also, great to spend time with the kids like that. You will ALL benefit from it!
    BB in SC

4. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    nice boat, the maiden voyage is always the most fun

5. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    And what a wonderful day it was for a boat ride... Congrats Jim on the new boat, looks like many fine hours ahead with the family.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is a mighty fine looking boat, congrats and I hope you get some catfish slime on it soon

7. Propshredder

Propshredder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice boat, getting the kids out of the house and around nature is the very best thing about having a boat. Congrats

8. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    Thanks guys, we had a great day!!

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Details on the new boat Jim!!!

Congrats!

10. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Great looking boat Jim. I bet those boys cant wait to get to drive it:smile2:. Hope you enjoy it and catch some good fish out of it.

Tom

11. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    That is one nice looking boat, i am going to the sea ark website to check it out, thanks

12. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    Darryl, it is a 2072 pro-v I bought at Cook's a few weeks ago. It has a Yamaha F115 on the back. I have a bimini top and snap in carpet for the floor. I never thought I would have a bimini on a jon boat, but it is basically what sold the boat for my wife!! I must admit, I love the top also. It is amazing how nice it is when the sun is really beating down. This boat has every feature I wished I had on my old boat and more (can ya tell I really love this boat?) Friday was the first day I could open her up after the break in period and I was really happy with how this boat runs. It cruises super nice at about 3800-4000 rpms. At full throttle and trimed out right it moves right on down the river and is very stable. I am also amazed at the fuel mileage I am getting. Sean and Drew at Cook's have been outstanding to work with. I am very happy with my purchase!:big_smile:
    I have some pics before the motor was put on but it has the bimini up that I will post.
    Sorry you asked now huh??:smile2:

Attached Files:

13. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    nice rig you got ther jim!sure it will bring years of fun

14. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I am so green with envy. That is one sweet boat.

15. jdmert

jdmert New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Great looking boat, that should provide years of enjoyment!

16. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Yup... you got the TWO THINGS on yours that I regret not getting. The 15 degree hull and the 4 stroke motor!

17. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    There is two different times when a boat owner loves his boat. First is when he brings it home for the first time and second is when he sells it. :smile2:Boats run better when they are used a lot. So keep taking those boys as often as you can. Congrats on a nice boat. :wink:

18. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Yup.....me too! My next boat will definately be the 15 degree hull with a 4 stroke motor. I will also get the maximum allowable horsepower for the boat as well, SS prop, bimini top and have the console mounted closer to the front of the boat so I can have the floor space at the rear of the boat. Hey, I think they make a boat like that........isn't it the ProCat 240???? :smile2::smile2:

I love my SeaArk and will stay with the Arks! Very Very nice boat my friend, I love it and I've only seen the pics! :big_smile:

19. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    That right there is a good lookin boat. Looks like that will be around for a few years. Have fun with it.

20. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    There are actually supposed to be several models coming out soon (September I think) that have forward mounted consoles and a windshield. Or at least they are offering this an an option as soon as the console redesign is finished.

Heard this a while back from a reliable source.:wink: